Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vermeirea

PMDG 737NG 2D First officer Seat

Guest Vermeirea

Hi,I all invite you to test my First Officer seat for the payware 737NG from PMDG. You will need the 737NG to be installed on your system for this mod to work.It is based on Steward HAWORTH work. Modification includes reworked main panel background bmp and many other features.I'm looking to create a dual panel Cpt / FO but I need the help of a gauge guru who could create a gauge with hidden clickspots to change from panel to panel. It has been uploaded on the flightsim.com server but not published yet, so be patient to download it.hope you will enjoy.happy landings fellow First officers,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154531.jpgAmedee Vermeire

I could be wrong but I think the PFD and ND are in the wrong positions, I think they need to be swapped.

Dave Paige

Amedee,If that is the PMDG bitmaps I think you might have a copyright issue on your hands. It's usually OK to modify anything as long as you're the only using it for your personal use. As soon as you let it out to the public it becomes another can of worms.I would suggest you make contract with PMDG through support@precisionmanuals.com and ask if this is alright and withdraw the download from flightsim.com in the mean time.Just a word of advice.Cheers,

Guest Vermeirea

Hi All,Dave,You are right, the PFD and ND have to be swapped. I overlooked this issue. This can be easyly done by editing the panel.cfg's.Mats,You might be right with copyright issues, but I took an already published package on flightsim.com by Steward Haworth (panel4.zip). I only changed the main panel bitmap, repositioned the gauges and made a panel.cfg for the VC version. If it was already published I don't think I broke any copyright. Nevertheless, if PMDG feels their work had been pirated, I would be glad to revome it from the flightsim.com server.Best regards to all,Amedee

Rather than expecting PMDG to contact you, it may be a good gesture to contact them first as suggested. They are a good group to work with.

Guest Vermeirea

Dear all,Following your advices, today, I sent a mail to PMDG. Hope to receive an answer on this issue. My intentions were never to commit any illegal act.Best regards,Amedee Vermeire

I can tell you right now, if this is using PMDG bitmaps, we aren't going to allow it... it has to be something that the user can do totally him or herself without the inclusion of any PMDG copyrighted material in the download.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com