Sign in to follow this  
Guest kiki75

ACARS-WEATHER RADAR

Guest kiki75

HI PMDG team,Just would like to know if you will add one day a fully ACARS system and complete WEATHER RADAR on your 747 ?RegardsKikou

Kikou-When we feel that FS is capable of accurately simulating the function and operation of weather radar, we'll certainly add it. The current "state of the art" for weather radar in FS is nothing remotely close to actual weather radar operation and function....ACARS: Hard to answer. We've had plans as such for quite some time- but there are a few obstacles we are working on...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest D17S

Maybe an ACARS interface with AS6 for updatable winds aloft data? That might also raise the level of awareness of how important winds aloft are for flight planning, then actual burn performance. Just one more level of realism.

I use the ACARS guage that comes with Active Sky for just that purpose. I installs just fine in the PMDG panel and provides updated weather info as well as keeping my event times easily reviewable.

Dave Paige

Dave,There is an ACARS gauge with Active Sky??? Please tell me where you found it. :(Cheers,

I hope you can find a way around those obstacles, I think ACARS would be interesting to see :)

Alaister Kay

Guest hectorpty

Please let me know if this gauge exists. It would be so cool.sig1-1.jpg

Sorry, my mistake, it comes with FS Flight Keeper. But it does interface with Active Sky for weather information along with other ACARS functions through the FS Flight Keeper.

Dave Paige

Kikou,limited though it is at the moment, I use the PMDG ACARS on each flight by initialising (Flight number, deparutr and destination). At the end of a flight I check the EVENT TIMES to get the OUT-OFF-ON-IN times. But, it wont reinitialise for a subsequent flight with restarting FS.NeilYPAD

Maybe I should post this in a new topic.AFAIK the ACARS should report the off block time as the moment one releases the parking brakes before pushback. However the ACARS instead shows the time I released the parking brakes AFTER I release the brakes before taxi (that is after pushback , re-setting the parking brakes, starting engines, the re-releasing them for taxi). I could notice that because on a few of my flights I had a delayed taxi clearance after pushback. Can anyone confirm if this is corectly modeled or got lost somewhere on the way.--Eric