Sign in to follow this  
Guest PalmerFan4Life

Some of the textures on some of the livieries for the PMDG 747 (Pax) seem to be blank?

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Maybe about a month ago i made a topic about this but since no one seemed to care about it i soon forgot about it.But recently this has been bugging me and i just had to give it another go. Anyway on most notably on the KLM and Air New Zealand(There's possibly more) livieres the flaps and main landing gear covers (i think there called) have no texture there just blank white please don't take offence but im very surprised that this error got past beta.Will this error possibly be addressed with the FSX compatibility patch and if not does anyone know a quick fix for this?Doh!! sorry i keep for getting to sign my nameRegards,Ryan

Guest mulletman

Im sorry to bump an old topic, but i have searched the forums, and found no awnser, only other users with this problem.I spoke to Aerosoft (as its thier version i have) about the problem, and followed thier instructions. it has ended with me posting here.Im seeing no Slat textures on almost all of the liverys i have (all DXT3 versions, with no intention of using 32Bit) and no gear door textures on some.Flew a flight today, and although it didnt ground me, it was unsightly to look at, and spoiled what is otherwise a very pretty aircraft.here is the thread at Aerosoft. http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8705 As you can see, i have tried uninstalling the liveries, and reinstalling them, using both the disk and the ones on your website. I have not tried the 32Bit textures, and this will cause unnessacary strain on my system. (not serious in the cruise but the more frames the better)Hope you can help chaps.Peace and Love,Fred 'mulletman' Clark.PS: Other than this, this is so much fun to fly. I am loving every moment i sit in the left seat. Only thing that bugs me (apart form the texture) is the lack of a lbs fuel planner. im not into spending hours on planning. just enough to get me flying relistically.Any hew, as i said, hope you can help.

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Fred - I use the 32 bit textures and they're the same way. Anyway thank you for replying to my topic i thought i was the only one here that was bugged by the blank textures. Regards,Ryan

Guest mulletman

Really, well that is news. I presumed it was just the DXT3 stuff.Apparently Aerosoft have spoken to PMDG and the installers on the PMDG website fix the problem. have you tried this and has it worked?Its always good to know your not alone with an issue though!

Guest PalmerFan4Life

>Really, well that is news. I presumed it was just the DXT3>stuff.>>Apparently Aerosoft have spoken to PMDG and the installers on>the PMDG website fix the problem. have you tried this and has>it worked?>>Its always good to know your not alone with an issue though!Yes i have tried them and my problem presist.

Guest mulletman

righto, i was guessing that was the awnser. Thanks for replying, lets hope PMDG do!

Guest PalmerFan4Life

>righto, i was guessing that was the awnser. Thanks for>replying, lets hope PMDG do!Im going to e-mail PMDG and see what they say about this I'll post there reply ASAP.

Guest mulletman

*pokes PMDG*sorry to bump it, but problem still exists. ;)

go to the aircraft folder and then each texture folder and make sure there are over 100 files in each. otherwise copy and paste but do not overwrite from the main texture folder inside the pmdg aircraft folder

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Fred - Sorry it took so long to reply but here is what PMDG said. "Some of the early version of several liveries suffered from this problem but they were corrected and you should be able to download the latest version of each and install those and you should be all set." If i understand this right they updated "most" of the livieries, i do not think they updated the Air New Zealand or KLM liveries yet.Alex - I'll try your suggestion.

>go to the aircraft folder and then each texture folder and>make sure there are over 100 files in each.100 files? Even my stock PMDG textures don't have that. I only have 76 in each of my folders. Are we supposed to have 100+ textures?

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Alex - Are you sure there are suppose to be 100+ files? I have everyone of the liveries for the 747 and in each of the folders there are only 76 files.

Guest mulletman

yep, i only have 76. And the files i redownloaded and installed didnt work. that includeds BA, United, Air India and KLM.I thought about ovver writing the wing texture files with the stock PMDG ones, but isnt the wing colour airline specific?Or will vary form livery to livery anyway.

my bad I was thinking of another airplane. Just make sure the texture number in the folder just called texture is the same as the texture folder for your addon aircraft

Guest mulletman

right. they are the same.Also, the dates on the livery's i downloded recently are the same for every texture file as the original installers.