Sign in to follow this  
TomEDDW

Which Graphics Card is the best for FS9 and will be for FSX?

Hey there!Well then...its time for me tu upgrade my Graphics Card since i am still running on a GeForce 4600 Ti.Can somebody please give me some background on which Card would be the best choice?Thanks alot!Thomas

Guest aarskringspier

>Hey there!>>Well then...its time for me tu upgrade my Graphics Card since>i am still running on a GeForce 4600 Ti.>>Can somebody please give me some background on which Card>would be the best choice?>>Thanks alot!>>Thomas>For anyone to give you any advice worth a darn youd need to list your system specs; it will do you no good to go get a nice mid-upper range card if your system is bottle necked else where.

Instead of asking this question, which has probably been asked over a billion times throughout forums, do some research...http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.htmlThat's a good place to start, they have a comprehensive list of video cards and their benchmarks on different games. The "latest" aren't on there yet but the charts are updated regularly.- Tim Schaff

Do NOT get a new card until DirectX 10 and Windows Vista are out - you will be seriously handicapping yourself for FSX if you buy one now. They should be out around Christmas or slightly after in 2007. All cards out now, even the best $600+ ones are DX9 only and won't be able to do FSX or Vista to their full potential under DX10...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest D17S

.... to go with your nice, new, QUAD core Kentsfield.

Guest Loiosh

Yup, hold off on the gfx card for DX10. We should be hearing announcements on this in October (from Arstechnica).

Tim,Your very useful reply is exactly why the question was asked in the first place. Remember that there are always newcomers to Flight Simulation.Gerry

>Instead of asking this question, which has probably been>asked over a billion times throughout forums, do some>research...>>http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html>>That's a good place to start, they have a comprehensive list>of video cards and their benchmarks on different games. The>"latest" aren't on there yet but the charts are updated>regularly.>>- Tim SchaffBoy if this is all you can contribute don't reply at all...He asked just a question and to share some knowledge/experience with FS nothing wrong there....So be polite and don't reply ;-)As for the question we need to know your system details specific...Have fun,Andr

André

Guest Callmecapt

If you want one now, make sure you have at least a P4 2.4 with some decent RAM. The graphics card I just bought is the Nvidia 7600GT. It is definitely the best value for the performance you get. Check the reviews and you'll see that the 7600GT is one of the best graphics cards Nvidia has ever made and some reviewers have actually said that it is underpriced for the performance you get. I bought myself a Zalman cooling fan and RAM heatsinks for it and have it overclocked to give me some pretty decent framerates at 1280x1024 with all sliders maxed out. Yes you could wait for Vista and FSX to come out, but I can tell you, I won't be buying Vista for at least 6 months after it comes out. By then, I'll be in the market for an upgrade as I buy a new video card about once a year and I just bought this one about 2 weeks ago.Goran

>Boy if this is all you can contribute don't reply at all...>He asked just a question and to share some>knowledge/experience with FS nothing wrong there....>>So be polite and don't reply ;-)>>As for the question we need to know your system details>specific...>>Have fun,>>Andr

If you feel insulted my apologies, that wasn't my intention....But due to nature of these forums you get redundancy of questions asked ;-) (I'm longer around here as 26 posts ;-)) The FS community was / is all about to help each other to get to most out of our hobby.You could share your experience and also refer to for example Tomshardware... He didn't ask for a link ;-) so your first comment is unnecessary...Have fun and I will skip your last remark for trying to be impolite, or can we proceed in Dutch? ;-)Andr

André

Guest aarskringspier

>If you feel insulted my apologies, that wasn't my>intention....>>But due to nature of these forums you get redundancy of>questions asked ;-) (I'm longer around here as 26 posts ;-)) >>The FS community was / is all about to help each other to get>to most out of our hobby.>>You could share your experience and also refer to for example>Tomshardware... >>He didn't ask for a link ;-) so your first comment is>unnecessary...>>Have fun and I will skip your last remark for trying to be>impolite, or can we proceed in Dutch? ;-)>>Andr