Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roger Eve

B747-400 Ground Power

Guest Roger Eve

Hi,My apologies if this question has been asked before. I don't seem now to automatically get the option for connecting to ground power after turning off the engines at the gate. I have the box checked in the options menu.I think this happened after the update or possibly after installing the 400F.If I return to the options menu and remove then replace the check I then have power available.Am I missing out on some procedure after arriving at the gate?Thanks for your help.Roger

Roger. Yes. I get the same thing as well. Just for good measure, make sure the GP box is ticked in the PMDG options menu. Also, I've found a interim solution for this: go to the fuel loading tool on the PMDG menu, and just hit "APPLY" to the current fuel you already have, and voila, you should have GP available to you.

Guest Roger Eve

Thanks,That works OK as does unchecking and rechecking the Ground Power option. It still doesn't seem right to have to do that. Perhaps someone else will comment and tell us what we are doing wrong. I always have GP on start-up, it is just when I return to a gate and shut down.Best wishesRoger

Guest EasyEd5102

Roger,I don't believe the ground power is available unless you have the parking brakes set.RegardsED

Guest Roger Eve

Hi Ed,I do have the parking breaks set, also tried just shutting down the inner engines rather than both.I still have to open the PMDG/Options/Various menu to make the ground power available. I don't even have to change anything as the Ground Power option is already checked. I'm sure this worked perfectly at one time.It is a small point but annoys me x(I would appreciate any advice from the developers.Thanks,Roger

Guest neilb

It may take upto 2 minutes for ground power to be connected.

Guest Roger Eve

Thanks Ryan, Neil,I usually do run off the APU while waiting, like you I start it during the approach and switch to the APU power during the taxi to the gate. Unfortunately I have waited >10 minutes on the APU, parking brakes on and still no ground power option.Is there something else I should turn on/off to get the power?CheersRoger

Guest Roger Eve

Hi Guys,This thread seems to have stalled. Is there anyone from the development team who can help? GP is checked, works OK on start-up. When I taxi back to the gate with APU running apply parking brakes and shut down engines I do NOT get Ground Power even after waiting and waiting.....I can get the power back by opening the PMDG menu and options and closing it again without making any alterations. I cannot believe this is correct.Any help would be appreciated.Roger

If I recall correctly, ground power is not available at all airports. And you may have to be within a certain distance of the gate. I know I've been to airports and never received GP, but at other places it shows up a minute or so after parking at the gates.

Roger,Have you tried shutting down Engines 3 and 4 and ensuring that the Parking Brake is set and then check to see if the power is available. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Roger Eve

Hi Paul,I haven't tried 3/4 shutdown, I have tried 2/3 and all four. I will give 3/4 a go.CheersRoger

Guest Roger Eve

Hi Paul,No luck, just the same. Very bizarre, I only have to open the PMDG/Options menu and close it - no changes - and the ground power becomes available! This is a work around but cannot be right.Roger

Roger,It should work without having to do that. Have you tried reintalling to make sure theres not a corrupt file in the mix?RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg