Sign in to follow this  
Guest PalmerFan4Life

Is PMDG still going to charge for the for the 747 FSX compatibility patch?

Guest PalmerFan4Life

Im sorry if this has been asked a million times before. Anyway im sure everyone is aware that there are quite a few top notch developers that will be releasing a free FSX compatibility patch for there products and i was wondering if PMDG will be doing the same or if they're still going to charge money for the 747 patch?

Just for the record - not every "top notch" developer out there is always providing free patches for every new version of the FS. It very much depends on the amount of work, the "cycle" the product happens to be in and other marketing/technical factors. I was only hoping to set the record straight. Michael J.

Guest PalmerFan4Life

>This question hasn't been asked much since most people are>able to find the answer, since it is neatly posted in a>sticky.>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=109900&page=>>Next time please take some time to look through the forums>before asking. Most of the time, the answers are right>infront of you.>>- Tim SchaffI already read the sticky before i posted this i'd just thought i'd ask since that topic is fairly old and the PMDG team may have changed there minds.

It's a fair question Ryan. The "sticky" dates back to April and seems to be suggesting that we will have to pay for the patch. That's fair enough but as I am now being solicited with e-mail asking if I want to pre-order FSX, I do need to know what I am up for. The April notice is somewhat vague and you don't blame PMDG for that but it is a few months on now and we as buyers have to start making some decisions about either staying with FS9 with a PMDG 747 that we love or move to FSX.Once again, a little bit of tolerance would not hurt you Tim.Gerry

>as buyers have to start making some decisions about either>staying with FS9 with a PMDG 747 that we love or move to FSX.Why do you have to make the decision now?

Guest Callmecapt

From past posts, PMDG's policy is to let us know when there is something new. If they haven't updated that sticky, then everything stands. Speaking for myself, I am more than prepared to pay a small premium if it is patched. We're talking about what is the best 744 simulation on the market today. It took them thousands of man hours to make and I'm sure to make it compatible with FSX will require a lot of work as Microsoft have said it is a massive overhaul from FS9.Patience.RegardsGoran