Sign in to follow this  
Guest EasyEd5102

PDMG 737 NG Multi engine throttle problem

Guest EasyEd5102

I have on several occasions while flying the subject aircraft lost throttle response to the number 2 engine. When advancing or retarding the joystick throttle the number 1 engine responds, however, the number 2 engine will not.I have tried to reconnect the engine by pressing E + (1

I do not know if the PMDG self-registered version of FSUIPC has this function but in the full version of FSUIPC there is a key-mapping you can use to synch throttles. If AT disengages or you use the Autopilot disengage lever as I recall you can only control one throttle with a single axis. I just use the hot-key combo in the registered version of FSUIPC I have to synch them up to my throttle stick again.Do a search on this here although I think this was posted in the old temporary forum.

Ed,Just unassign the E key from the Select engine mapping. It's just annoying. If you have the registered FSUIPC you can assign a hot key combo to realign the throttles.The more advanced an add-on gets the more information is sent internally in FS. The reason why you can't get E+1 and E+2 to work is that there is data caught in between the E and 1 or 2 keypress thus FS never recognizes the combo. This has been seen on other add-ons as well.Hope it helps,

There is also a function in registered FSUIPC that allows more time for the interval between keystrokes for combo strokes. I think it requires editing FSUIPC.ini.

Guest EasyEd5102

Gentlemen,Thanks very much for your help, I have unassigned the E key from the Select engine mapping and reassigned the E key to the FSUIPC Hot Keys "Multiply Throttle Synchronization".All seems to be working okay and I can reset throttle to both 1 & 2 engines.RegardsEd KSYR

Guest sandro becker

>Gentlemen,>>Thanks very much for your help, I have unassigned the E key>from the Select engine mapping and reassigned the E key to the>FSUIPC Hot Keys "Multiply Throttle Synchronization".>>All seems to be working okay and I can reset throttle to both>1 & 2 engines.>>Regards>>Ed KSYR>>> But i need to use eng 1 or 2 sometimes to turn. and e + 2 dont go to turbine 2

I can't visualize a situation that requires asymmetrical thrust to turn a B737. I'd be a little surprised if this were used real world; however, the easy workaround is to coast into the turn with sufficient momentum to make the turn with idle thrust - or you could use differential braking.I avoid split throttle operations in FS9 at all costs... it just doesn't work very well.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Spader

>Ed,>>Just unassign the E key from the Select engine mapping. It's>just annoying. If you have the registered FSUIPC you can>assign a hot key combo to realign the throttles.>>The more advanced an add-on gets the more information is sent>internally in FS. The reason why you can't get E+1 and E+2 to>work is that there is data caught in between the E and 1 or 2>keypress thus FS never recognizes the combo. This has been>seen on other add-ons as well.>>Hope it helps,What are you supposed to use to select engines in stead of the 'E' key, then? E+1+2+3+4 works in the "Queen," and that is by far a WAY more complex simulator than the 737. How is it possible to regain engine control without the help of FSUIPC? I don't want to spend $20+ just to get another add-on that I have spent $60 on working properly.I don't want to offend anybody, but you guys seriously need to release an update for the 737 for little things like this. If the key command works on the "Queen," then why shouldn't it work on the 737?

Guest Spader

PLEASE HELP ME. It has been almost a week now, and nobody has said a peep. This is really beginning to annoy me, and I know for a fact that there is SOMEONE out there who can answer my question.HOW DO I REGAIN CONTROL OF ALL OF THE ENGINES??? It is a simple question/issue, and nobody has even paid the slightest attention to it. I thought that this was a support forum, and I have not gotten any support. I have just been ignored.

Search for 'Selection Correction gauge' by Rob Barendregt in the AVSIM file library and install it as instructed. Works fine here! :D Edit:BTW: This is an FS2004 related issue, not PMDG related.

Guest Spader

Thank you so much! That worked!BTW: This is in the PMDG forum because I was only having this problem in PMDG aircraft (and the CS757).