Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Need help from the dual monitor experts...

I just added a second 19" CRT to my main system - I want to be able to drag things like the FMC, radio stack, lower EICAS DU etc on our 747 over to it while keeping the main panel view on the left monitor.The problem is that when I do this, my mouse pointer starts flashing like crazy when I move it and things disappear on the 2nd one when I go to fullscreen mode (I move them over to the right monitor in Windowed mode, then switch to full screen after they're over there - the FMC mainly is disappearing after I do this...Anyone successfully using this sort of setup without these problems? My card is a 7800GTX w/ latest drivers...Thanks!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,personally I never use full screen mode, simply because it creates so many problems when undocking panels. I always fly in windowed mode. To eliminate the distracting blue title bars and borders around those undocked windows I change their colour to black and reduce the title bar's size.Regarding the mouse pointer flickering... I've had this problem as well, with some video cards it appearod more often, with others less, and with the one I have now I don't get it at all (ATI X1800XT).What helped when it happened was to set all the windows where you want them and then save the flight. Next time I loaded the flight the windows were in place with no flickering.But yeah I never really solved that problem, it just so happens that with my current video card I do not have this problem anymore...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thanks Markus,The reason I don't want to use Windowed mode is that the transparency AA on my card has to be turned off if I do - it creates all sorts of weird issues unless you're running in Full Screen...This sucks, was looking forward to being able to do this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,I can only agree with Markus. If you want to run multi monitor, you'd have no trouble in windowed mode. I've experienced the mouse flickering with my nVidia cards. Since I installed my ATI X800 I have no such problems. And the AA works better too giving me good framerates in heavy clouds! :-PCheers,

>The reason I don't want to use Windowed mode is that the>transparency AA on my card has to be turned off if I do - it>creates all sorts of weird issues unless you're running in>Full Screen...I can't use this option either... oh well... Maybe things get better on the new system with a DX10 video card ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm probably gonna buy the AMD (the ATI name is gone apparently) offering for DX10, Nvidia's drivers have really gone downhill as of late IMO...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg