Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Enquiry - Takeoff Performance Calculator

Hi all,I am in the early stages of scoping / developing a takeoff performance calculator for the PMDG 744. This will be an all-purpose calculator that will determine things like adjusted and corrected V-speeds, takeoff limitations (ie requirement for packs on/off, whether the runway is sufficient etc...) and allowable assumed temperature derates.It will then generate a takeoff certificate with all the relevant info for you to then use in programming the FMC prior to departure.My intention is to release it as freeware, provided that I do not incur any costs in acquiring any of the neccesary data or software development tools. The timeframe for any sort of release is anyone's guess as it will fit in around my life (such as it is!) and work demands.HOWEVER before I progress with this I would like to know if anyone is already doing something like this. The reason being that obviously I don't want to duplicate anything that is already on the way, nor do I want to 'tread on anyone's toes' by releasing something that could be seen as competition!If anyone out there is already working on an application like this and wants to indicate to me any details I'd be grateful. Details of serious development efforts only though please, An excel spreadsheet replicating already-available data is a handy thing, but it is not the same as what I have in mind at this stage! :-)Please email me at air.mark < a t > paradise.net.nzCheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello Mark, I commend you on your iniciative. Presently I do not think anyone is working on such a calculator. However there are already out there two great tools similar to what you are planning: TOPCAT (freeware) and another one whose name I forgot which was actually developed for the aerowinx (also freeware). Tomaflex's developer also said he'd relase a TO calculator for the 747, but so far nothing has come up. I belive such a tool is a priceless little addon to have, specially now that we have PW and RR engines, which were not taken into account by Topcat and other such tools ou there. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your program.Best Regards,Victor LimaSBGLhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Would this be internal or external to FS? Would be interesting if it was possible to do in sim :)

Alaister Kay

Mark,Take a look: www.vdispatch.caIt's supposed to replicate a real world flight dispatch software so everything including take off perfoermance will be calculated. This will not be freeware however. Feel free to drop me a line in the forum, or PM me, at the above site if you have any questionsCheers,

Guest pellelil

Hi,I have begun codeing something along those lines a week or 2 ago. Step 1 would be the fuel calculation but as a step 2 I was thingking about adding the the takeoff performace (but this will depend on the time I have, and other products - as of now I did choose the name for the project as "FuelAndPerformaceCalculator").On my behalf you shouldn't postpone or rethink your product in any way or form - After all its a free world - and if you do a good job my own project might be cut short and simply end as a Fuel Calculator :-)I have been developing software for years with Delphi due to my job as a developer, and I have made a few tools for MSFS as well in my sparetime (some of you might know "FS-Interrogate" or perhaps "B744RandomCockpit"). But I have wanted to make the switch for Visual Studio 2005/C# for a year now, but every time I begin a project I always opt for Delphi since it is what I know best, hence i get the best result in the shortest time.So for this "FuelAndPerformaceCalculator" I have forced myself to use VS2005/C#. Therefore its a slow-progress (compared to if I had done it in Delphi), but it is just "what the doctor ordered". Since I began I have come along way getting to know both the environment/language doing it, so I am a step closer to swich completely to VS2005/C# :-)Good luck with your project,http://jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal