Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reddog

The Duck is Up and on it's Way! Grumman Spcl. Delivery

Guest Heather 636

The Grumman Duck has been uploaded (thanks Don for the assist).It will feature four separate textures, including the original.Look for it in the morning library if not before.Enjoy!HeatherP.S. Since this aircraft is powered by a radial engine, I have it aliasing to the default MS F4U Corsiar. I cringe at the thought of it sounding like a Cessna 182. Sorry about that but it saves so much on file size to alias. My personal favorite sound for her is the DeHavilland Beaver and it is a simple matter of changing the alias to get that. If you don't already have the Beaver, you may want to get a jump on the Duck's imminent arrival and download it now.

Downloaded it as soon as I saw it, and can't wait to try it out ! Maybe a quick word to Mike Hambly or Aaron Swindle would get you a custom sound set !

Guest Heather 636

A prime example of no matter how careful you are, some things still go wrong.The aircraft.cfg file for this plane is the WRONG ONE.The correct file has just been uploaded so should be available shortly. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a fix for the plane's tendency to veer left; still working on it though.Regards,Heather

Guest Heather 636

Hey Mike? Aaron?Are you watching?If you are up to it, I know I would be most appreciative and have no doubt that the rest of the community would be as well.This aircraft used the Wright R-1820-54 of 1,050 hp. Whew! How would you like to have THAT hp. under the hood of your car!!?? :-eekSincerely,Heather Sherman

Guest Grey_Wolf

Just installed the duck, Heather. Fs is starting up as I type this.. I'm looking forward to whats been acomplished. But one more aircraft.cfg note, you only had 3 listings, and four texture folders in either of the two cfg files..I REALLY want to see a small swarm of these in multiplayer now!oops fs is running.. Got to flyHaving FunAfter hoping around a bit I dont have a left roll problem I would consider significant. I do get "twitchy bouncy" when over 100kts.. I love the thing though!

Guest Heather 636

Will somebody give us the straight scoop on this?From experience and what I have seen in multiple texture downloads, I don't believe FS will allow you to have more than three. You can stick extra texture folders in there, and even edit the aircraft.cfg file to recognize them, but no matter how much I've tried, I never see more than three available in the sim aircraft selection window.I don't believe it reads more than "flightsim.0, flightsim.1, and flightsim.2 in the cfg file.I recently tried to do this to streamline my collection of DC-3's with no luck.Either the user is going to have to know how to swap files . . .or another alternative is to make up TWO Duck folder, one with texture folders 1 and 2, the other with texture folders, 3 and 4.Even though they are two separate folders, say "Grumman Duck One"and "Grumman Duck Two", THEN I believe the Flightsim will show all of the selections in one window.There, did I manage to confuse everybody?I am now hot on the trail of a tip I received that hopefully will fix the veering off to the left problem. Will let you all know as soon as I do.regards,Heather

HeatherYou can have as many texture folders aliased from the one AIRCRAFT.CFG file as you wish. I have fifteen for one of my aircraft.They need to be numbered sequentially and the "title" line must be different for each one.Give it another shot.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest GZR_Frenchy

I'm a CFS2 kind of guy. If you want a big large radial "sound file" and have a sound system to handle it for your Duck try this -- "ba_gbr.zip" Search for it without the quotes. Right here at Avsim by Mike Hambly. I put this in all my large radial birds. Maybe, large radials with a tremenous amount of torque pulls the airplane to the left. Just a thought.Frenchy -- out.

There are four texture folders:texturetexture.originaltexture.pinktexture.whiteYou can edit the aircraft.cfg file by copying one of the sections like fltsim.2 and adding it after the fltsim.2 section. Then rename it as fltsim.3. Change the title to Original Duck and the ui_variation to Original Duck, change the texture to original and save. You can also change the ATC to identify it as Navy. You will now have four versions. Hope this helps, regards, Bob.

Guest Heather 636

Is it your birthday today!!??Well hot dang!! Happy Birthday RedDog!! :-yellow1:-beerchugSemper Fi!!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Thanks for the technical assist Bob.With help, i finally got that matter figured out and uploaded "another" fix that will take care of it.And for the record, I have no problem with anybody who has the know-how to tweak and/or make this airplane even better who wants to do so.All I ask is that you share your knowledge with the rest of us so that we too can have a better Duck.I know that what I uploaded still leaves something to be desired in performance but she's flyable and I like it, and I just wanted everyone else to be able to finally have a Duck for 2002.Sincerest regards,Heather Sherman

Guest Heather 636

Also, in regards to your email, I would like VERY MUCH to see those panel modifications and if you're not willing to upload them as an add-on for the Duck, I'd sure like to include them with a final update fix.Between all the fine people who helped on this project, she's turning into a very nice airplane.Thanks BobHeather

Hi Heather,Sorry to put another spanner in the works, but your panel uses lots of gauges for the f4f4_wildcat, which I believe is a CFS plane rather than FS2002, so my panel is rather bare ! Also apparently missing is 01.avro.adf.gauCan these gauges be provided, or do I need a copy of CFS/CFS2 ?Thanks,