Sign in to follow this  
Guest bruchpilot

Kai Tak

Guest bruchpilot

Hi there,something happened to my beloved Kai Tak Approach. I think it is missing in the AIRAC file. I can still enter the STARs and 13IGS but the ILS just does not tune in. I tried it manually but that does not work either.Any ideas how I have to change the config files?GreetingsEd

<>By "tune in" do you mean nav radio? Radio reception is based on FS9 bgl scenery files not airac data. Or do you mean cannot select the approach in the FMC? This is a function of sidstars info, which in turn needs airac info for runway and navaid location but doesn't affect the operation of the radio (737NG). I think the 747 FMC also uses airac for frequency info, but I'm not familiar with it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest bruchpilot

I installed a VHHX Scenery and a SID/STAR file from navdata.at so that is not the problem. I remember a few months ago everything worked just fine and the one thing I changed was the Airac. I can tune the frequency with the 172 but manually entering it in the FMC does not work.GreetingsEd

Guest bruchpilot

Didn't i mention that loading SIDS and STARs etc. in the FMC is not the problem? (Interesting btw that I just can load vhhx, not vhxx. Both versions are in the directory.)What does not work is the ILS!Any ideas?GreetingsEd

ed,dont know which bgl datas you have and of course where you put them ....tell me the directory for you add on and i ll try to fix it as i took some hours to make works '''see youphil

Guest bruchpilot

Phil,thanks! I will look that up, when I'm back at home. However I don't think the BGLs are a problem. I can fly the ILS with any other plane without problems.GreetingsEd

The FMC relies on airac data for runway and ils info. If a manually tuned radio picks up the ils but the fmc doesn't then the error is in the airac file. Let Richard Stefan know about this and he'll fix it for every one. It is also possible to add an ils to the airac text file, see my sidstars procedures file for KMCO for an example of how that is done. I added the new runway and ils that is available in add-on scenery but not part of FS9.

Dan Downs KCRP