Sign in to follow this  
fredolo

Heading Bug B737

Hi,Wonderful aircraft, I am type rated on the real one and that's really a good job. One small problem, I would like to move my heading bug with my CH yoke buttons because I'm flying alone....waiting for FsX ....Usually I assign the buttons to the functions "autopilot bug increment/decrement" in the Fs assignement menu.It doesn't seems to work with the PMDG, anyone has a solution ?Thanks

Hi Nameless,Welcome to the forum, but please take a moment to read the forum rules pinned at the top somwhere. You need to sign your posts with your real name. Thanks.Have you checked the PMDG internal key assignments? Found under the PMDG menu. The reason the usual FS keys doesn't work is that this 'Otto' is hand crafted from scratch without using FS native functionality.Hope it helps,

Please sign your name... forum rules.Heading bug incr/decr assignment might have to be made through FSUIPC but I'm guessing. I've never tried it.. but I'm curious as to why you'd want to do this? Are there such controls on a Boeing yoke?

Dan Downs KCRP

>but I'm curious as to why you'd want to do this? Are there such >controls on a Boeing yoke?Dan,Usually your are two on the flight deck of a NG. Whenever the PF wants a change of the HDG BUG he asks the PNF to change it for him. Not as simple doing that when alone in MSFS... Unless you are using some kind of speech recognition software like Flight Assistant or Flight Buddy or something... ;-)Hope it helps,

Yeah I'm guessing the best way to do this is gonna be to assign our MCP heading knob increase and decrease to two keypresses in the PMDG menu, then go into FSUIPC and assign those keypresses to the joystick buttons...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks, Mats... I'm used to setting the heading bug myself. It's a habit based on time-turn-talk training, I set the heading then give the readback. I think it'd take hours to unlearn that one. But, in a crew environment it makes sense.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for everything, it works great now !I have considered buying voice buddy because I am looking for everything that could replace a PNF when I fly.I know this is not the place but I can't find any place for support as far as Voice Buddy is concerned. I can't understand how such a program could actually tune the heading knob, the speed bug and the altitude box to the exact figures I would call for.Let's say that I want the buddy to set the heading to 245

Here we go, this feature is not supported for the time being. If someone has a solution it would be really wonderful.Edimmensionnal support :Is it possible to give commands to the autopilot such as "set altitude to two five hundred" or "set nav1 for one one eight point two five" or "set vob heading fro three one zero"?The basic answer to the question is that you can not at this time. You can select from the ATC options window by voice command and switch on or off instruments that respond to keyboard commands. Entering specific settings as well as using gauges that have special click spots that are not accessible from the keyboard must be done by hand. In the examples below, you can select the radios, switch comm channels, or select and activate or deactivate the nav equipment by voice command but must enter the frequency and other specific settings by hand.VB does not use third party add-on modules such as FSUIPC and directly automates keyboard commands at the machine code level. That's what makes it so fast and reliable. It does not automate the mouse or interface deeper into FS2004 the way FSUIPC does. We will be able to enhance and use alternative methods in future versions of voice buddy.