Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Cycle 0609 SIDSTARS Collection

Cycle 0609 (31Aug-28Sep06) collection of 33 locations available in AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library. Filename is cycle0609_sidstars.zip; based on FAA NACO Digital Terminal Procedures information. Locations included in this collection are: KABQ KAUS KBNA KBWI KCMH KDAL KDEN KFLL KGEG KHOU KLAS KLAX KMCI KMCO KMDW KMSY KOAK KONT KPDX KPHL KPHX KRDU KRNO KSAN KSAT KSEA KSJC KSLC KSMF KSNA KSTL KTPA KTUS.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan,I dont know how you manage to find the time to keep on top of these but I much appreciate your efforts.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest D17S

Me too. These real-world procedures make a difference. For instance, if a one of our soon to be minted, brand new 744 pilots squawks that his shinny new 744 initiated a turn, but ended up flying right by Ziggy's Petis IAF, I might now be able to ask, "Well, what was your airspeed. You know, these things don't turn on a dime!" New guys, Ugh. But first I need to know what "Petis" is. 6 months ago, I had never even heard of a DP or a STAR. Before, I might have considered that this was actually Ziggy's 'pet us' complaint. I'd might pose, "Let's see. Ziggy 4, is that your cat? Maybe the 4th one . . . and they're all complaining that you haven't pet us enough? Just how do I sign that one off?" Thanks for the help. We've all come a long way.

Hello Dan,Can you please help me to understand the various layers of SIDSTAR updates? Am I right in saying that if I download your files, the next time I download Terry Yinglings update I will overwrite your files?My monthly (when I remember) update procedure till now has been to: 1 Get Terry's database from the planepath site2 Overwrite any of these using the All in One SIDSTAR file from navdataSo do I keep your files backed up and use them to overwrite my SIDSTAR files after each monthly steps 1 and 2? If so, how will I know when your files have been superceded? And would it make sense for you to add your files to the All in One file on navdata?BTW my landing practice is going well, thanks ;-)Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

I created a directoy under PMDG and call it Archive (or whatever you want), next to the SIDSTARS directory. I keep all my non-planepath sidstars files there. After downloading planepath files ( and any others like navdata ) I then copy the Archive files into the SIDSTARS directory to overwrite the planepath files.I upload my files to navdata as well as avsim, so they are already included in the all in one download. I put them up in both places as a convience for those that don't use the all in one download (e.g., I don't).Glad to hear your landing practice is paying dividends. When you think you're good, add some crosswind and have some real fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

OK, got that - thanks. So it looks like I've understood the process and it's good to know your files are in the AIO.I'll keep practising finals but there's so much else to do - getting to grips with online flying, learning a new aircraft (recently bought the Level D 767), and much more.I wish I had as much time as you seem to have. I only have all day, every day ;-) CheersGeoff

Geoffrey Kent