Sign in to follow this  
rcfarmer

MD11 Progress?

Guest crosswinds

Besides excepting when it's expected I'll just accept whats expected. ;)- Jay

Neeraj (is that your real name?),Thanks for the interest in the MD-11 and its development status. Rest assured that at this very moment there is a major in person meeting of our staff to validate our work so far on the MD-11 panel. We are trying to find any flaws or inaccuracies, and I can report that we are amazingly close to the "real thing". The information we have gleaned will result in a near-final correction. There is still major work to be done on fine tuning the systems, fixing final flaws in coding and art, and finalizing general arrangement of the panel. The VC and airplane are far along, but more work needs to be done on the flight model and liveries. Getting ready for FSX is also causing MAJOR changes.Rest assured that the development team not only has an amazing cadre of technical advisors and MD-11 pilots who are giving us incredible detail, but the development team has working knowledge of the airplane. This adds a new dimension to product creation.The MD-11 is incredibly complex, and nothing is "simple" in this airplane. The systems are automatic, but it's what's behind this automaticity that's so complex, and it IS different from Boeings and Airbuses.We hope to provide more screenshots for you soon. The reason we have been reluctant to do so is that everything is in such a state of flux. What we would have showed you last month would not be the same as today. We are still trying to find the "best" way to do things. The process is continuous.Thanks for bearing with us. It is frustrating to have to wait, but we are working hard for you.Bill

Thanks for the update Bill. I can't wait until release.Alex, yes, I actually do think we'll see it this year.

Guest neeraj.pendse

Bill,Yes Neeraj is my real name. Thanks so much for the information! Of all the heavies I like the MD-11 Nose the best, and so I am waiting for this plane! - Neeraj.

>There is still major work to be done on fine tuning the>systems, fixing final flaws in coding and art, and finalizing>general arrangement of the panel. The VC and airplane are far>along, but more work needs to be done on the flight model and>liveries. Getting ready for FSX is also causing MAJOR>changes.>BillBill- FSX changes bring the total MD-11 recode count up to how many now? 20ish? May no one ever question your dedication to this panel, project, and the community in general. You're owed quite a vacation after this beast is finally released!-Lee Barber(who's been following this thing since he first announced the project years ago)http://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

Guest howard500

QUOTING PMDG "We expect that this product will be released before FSX is released- and will be compatible with FS2004 only upon release. Once FSX is released we anticipate updating all registered owners with an FSX compatible version as well."If its not inapropiate could I ask if this statement still stands? And by the way, needless to say, take all the time you need to make the aircraft, well...... PMDG standards!!! I would hate to see something similar to the mess and low standars a certain other company has just made with a 757! Then again, I simply know PMDG is in a world of their own! (holding hands with level-d):-hah arnt I cheeky!! All the best,Alonso Reig

I know what you mean by the automation of the MD-11 FMC as I work with it every week in so far as from a maintenance perspective. Almost everything is done through the MCDU's if you want to know what your systems are doing in CFDIU. Sometime when we get avionics questions from are crews will set up a mach flight in the FMC if there is a question about a route not showing correctly due to possible nav data problems, and the thing that is different in the way data is executed is that when entering way points there is no need to hit a execute key to see the changes. The changes are real time. I know that PMDG will provide a quality product as I just can