Sign in to follow this  
Guest ivanjay

Problems with PMDG 737-800

Guest ivanjay

Hi all,I am having a hard time with my PMDG 737-800.I installed the aircraft and all of the updates from the web site.Than I installed an updated AIRAC from navdata and found updated SIDS/STARS on avsim and installed those.I am trying a short hop from Orlando to Miami and I cant load any SIDS/STARS for either airport and I am getting errors regarding the runway in the FMC.Any ideas how to resolve this? I have used the aircraft before without issues so I am not sure what is going on wiht this new install.

If you only got your sidstars from avsim then you don't have a global set. First download the current cycle from planepath.com then overwrite the locations you wish to with sidstars from other simmers that are posted in avsim or navdata.atThe Orlando KMCO procedure that I wrote that is online at avsim and navdata includes the new runway that is available from addon sceneries but not in FS9. If you are using this procedure then please read the text header in kmco.txt and it will give you instructions on how to add the runway to the airac data.If this doesn't help, include the error messages that you are receiving. That goes a long way to figuring out the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest ivanjay

Thanks!!! That worked and I just remembered now why the PMDG is my fav aircraft to fly. So smooth with the handling :)