Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Bowcut

FSUIPC is pretty cool with the PMDG 747

Guest Peter Bowcut

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, you can now configure an extra joystick as the steering tiller. FSUIPC will then implement accurate steering tiller logic thereafter, requiring exclusive use of the tiller at taxi speeds below 30 knots, then introducing gradually increasing rudder pedal effectiveness on takeoff roll at 30+KIAS, along with diminishing tiller effectiveness to 60 knots, at which point the rudder pedals must be used exclusively to steer the aircraft on the runway centerline. The process is of course reversed on landing. Pretty cool!Also with FSUIPC, you can configure an extra joystick axis as the thrust reverser. On my setup I have a CH yoke and pedals, along with a Saitek X-45 joystick/throttle quadrant. I use the throttle axis on my CH yoke as the thrust reverser, and my X-45 throttle quadrant for regular engine throttle. FSUPIC will even let you configure the extra joystick axis to reverse normal movement. As such I can bring power back to ground idle with my X-45 throttle after touchdown, then pull my 'thrust-reverser' lever on my CH yoke backwards to engage reverse thrust (same kind of movement as a real 747).I have also configured a TOGA switch on my X-45 throttle quadrant using the extra hat switch on the front side of the throttle, and I have additonally configured an autothrottle disconnect switch on the reverse side of my throttle. This makes for very accurate simulating and is great fun.

I am using CH yoke and pedals, both gameport version, can I add another gameport or usb device for the purpose you mentioned before ?.-ThanksJorge

Jorge,As far as I know you can connect more than one USB-device to your system, and you can assign them to different axes via FS or FSUIPC.But it must be USB-devices !

>Jorge,>>As far as I know you can connect more than one USB-device to>your system, and you can assign them to different axes via FS>or FSUIPC.>But it must be USB-devices !So I cannot add a new usb device while using my gameport CH yoke and pedals ?.-

Jorge,To the best of my knowledge, an additional USB device should work fine. Just be sure all of your FS and/or FSUIPC axis assignments are correct. I have the CH USB yoke, peddals and throttle quadrant. I added another USB joystick and was able to use that as well.

Guest Peter Bowcut

Jorge,My X-45, Ch Yoke, Ch pedals are all USB and connected at the same time. I seemed to initially have some conflict with the throttle axis when using this setup with FS2004/PMDG, but I uninstalled and re-installed all my joystick/yoke drivers, then reconfigured with FSUIPC, and now everything is working perfectly.I'm not sure how gameports interact with USB devices though, having never personally had any experience with such hardware.