Sign in to follow this  

my VOR & ADF needles disappeared

HelloCan someone help me get my VOR and ADF needles back on the freighter version? I am pretty sure this happened after I adjusted the gauge refresh rate, but now when I turn on the switches to show VOR and ADF needles in the ND, I see nothing. It still tunes the stations because I can see them listed, but no arrows. Also, the backup gauge on the left below the clock stays still and does not track anything, even when I move the switch back and forth.Do I need to reinstall? Is there some way to wipe out the panel state and will that fix it? Id appreciate the help. I finally got FS9 working well enough to let me do long haul flights and Im loving the Queen even more, but this is a small annoyance!Thanks

not the best screenshot, but here is a shot in the VC, it happens both in the 2d panel and VC.notice the VOR stations tuned automatically by the FMC and appear in the ND but no moving needles in the ND nor the backup gaugehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155485.jpgim not sure if this happens in the pax version, but it happens in the freighter for me. all systems are normal. ive tried both from a saved panel state and the default. no luck

Just curious: are you sure that the input frequencies you have are VOR or VORDME stations? I am asking because somtime, as you might know, you have only a DME without VOR, in which case you would receive both identifier and DME information but logically no VOR, so no needle either.That's also the case with militaries TACAN, for which civil aircraft only receive the DME informations.

That is a possibility, but I am pretty sure my needles have just become dead. I reinstalled the latest version and I will see if that fixes it

Guest jormond

Hello, Have you by chance updated your copy of FSUIPC to the newest interm version? I had this same issue and found that putting the next oldest file back solved the problem. I also found that there is a new version which corrects this issue it is 3.706. I hope this helps you.

thank you, a new version of FSUIPC just posted today in his forums. Excellent, I will try this after work, that probably was the issue. Thanks again!!