Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyer21

747-400 Queen of the Sky

Guest Flyer21

I am looking for some information from those who are now running the PMDG 747-400. My computer has the following: Windows, XP, SP-1 OP system, AMD 2.15 GHz Athlon XP processor, Asus A7V8X-X motherboard with 333MHz max FSB, 1,024 MB DDR, Asus V9570 Nvidia GeForce FX5700 graphics board with 256 MB DDR. If anyone out there has experience with something in the same class as my computer and is currently running the "Queen of the Sky", I would be interested in hearing how it performs on such a machine -- before I buy the 747-400!ThanksFlyer21.

My machine is almost exactly the same as yours. Except I run at 1.8 GHz The Queen will not run very smoothly in Busy airports (kord for example), and I cannot ever use very detailed scenery or have my display settings at high. They're usually all set at mid-level range, and clounds must be set at low display levels. However, I run at the same time usually Squawkbox or Ivap and fly online, and I also use Activesky 6 along with it's Wx graphics engine. I do not know how much thse programs contribute to making my flying substantially less enjoyable than I would like framerate-wise. I end up getting an average of 12-18 fps on 2D cockpits and I have given up altogether on using the 3D virtual cockpit. But if you ask me whether its worthwhile... well... Oh yeah!Best Regards,Victor LimaSBGLhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Flyer21

Victor,Thanks for the input. I am not running the same addons as you are so I may gain a bit. And the faster processor may also help a little. Your input is much appreciated.Thanks.Flyer21.