Sign in to follow this  
jazer

737 FULL AUTOLAND

Hi all,First of all I would like to congratulate captain Randazzo and his wife with their baby.Second, I've read today that in rl when you're making a landing with the AT on. Then 2 sec's after t/d the At will disconnect. So That it's possible to make a full CAT3 autoland with out disconnecting the Autothrottle. Is this modelled in the PMDG 737 (or maybe the 747?)Cheers,Jacir

Autoland in the 737NG includes autothrottle disconnect. However, I don't believe any 737 is CAT III rated.. it's my understanding that one of the CAT II minima is the legal limit.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,Tnx for your repley.Is this also modeled in the PMDg 737?Cheers, Jacir

<Is what modeled? The simulation will autoland in zero-zero conditions in the same manner as CAVU, but the FAA oversight and enforcement for breaking minimums is not modeled. As far as FS9 goes, every ILS is the same but we're talking about a computer program verses real world. As far as aircraft simulation goes there's no such thing as multiple sensors being used to cross check performance. The approaches are just parameters in the scenery code and an aircraft model following a decent path and azimuth track. In my experience, FS9 (on which PMDG depends) does not provide a very realistic instrument flight experience. It's good enough for the purpose it serves, but it does not qualify for FCC certification for use as an IFR ground trainer. The simulators that do qualify are much more expensive, and lack all scenery eye-candy unless you get into the really big bucks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,Thanks,Is the AT disconnect 2 sec's afet touchdown modelled in the PMDG737 ?Jacir

That's FAA, not FCC, Dan :). Please, I have enough to do meeting FCC compliance in my vocation in broadcasting technology.

Opps, wrong TLA (three letter acronym). I'm a communications engineer when I'm on the ground. Good catch.

Dan Downs KCRP

>Autoland in the 737NG includes autothrottle disconnect.>However, I don't believe any 737 is CAT III rated.. it's my>understanding that one of the CAT II minima is the legal>limit.The B733 through B735 are Cat IIIa and the B73NG are Cat IIIb autoland rated and capable(when properly equiped). The caviet being that to do Cat III landings, the aircraft requires more maintenance, the crew requires more training and the airport needs to have a Cat III certified runway.BTW, even the B727-200's in our fleet are Cat IIIa autoland certified.Edit: Even the B737-200 with the SP177 autopilot is Cat IIIa rated.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg