Sign in to follow this  
Guest 767DHL

Problem with LOC capture on the 744

Guest 767DHL

Hi all,after re-installing the PMDG 747-400 I have quite a problem with the loc capture on approach.About 15 to 20 miles out of the airport I have set everything according to the "book" (flaps, speed, alt, freq. in the nav/radof the fmc etc.), but the aircraft does not capture the loc after pressing the loc button on the panel. Even with an angle of only 5 to 10 degrees or straight to the runway it just doesn't work. It happened with a flightplan in the fmc and without (vfr).One weird thing I noticed....When I press the slew button the aircraft suddenly catures the loc perfectly although I have not moved the aircraft anywhere. That's strange! Unfortunately fspassengers does not allow to use the slew button :-(Does anybody have the same problems or has any solution for this?regards,Alex

What happens if you hit the APP button while on the intercept and don't touch the LoC button on the MCP? Never heard of this issue before. Sounds strange.Did you reinstal everything properly ?Can you post a screenshot of what happens (or doesn't happen)?Jonathan

Guest 767DHL

Hi Jonathan,well, I thought that I had everything installed properly by using the installers without changing any setting....Anyway, I deleted and re-installed everything again and guess what.... it works just fine now.I'm still not sure what caused this odd behavior but it is solved now.(I hope so) :-)Alex