Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliff

A joystick problem. Advice appreciated.

Guest cliff

A problem had suddenly developed after two years of normal functioning. When banking to the right movement is gentle and controlled as is normal. But when I bank to the left movement is unrealistically fast and almost violent.I am using FS2002 under Windows XP. The stick is the CH F16 Fighter Stick.I

Do you have FSUIPC.dll installed? It's available here in the library. It might help you with your calibration problems. If that doesn't work, It is possible that your joystick died.-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" -(Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Cliff,Does it have the same behaviour when you test it under WIndows (so outside FS2K2). ?If so, it's almost certainly a bad spot or dirt on the controller's potmeter resistance-layer surfaces.The only way to fix that, is:- Open the stick housing- Use Contactspray to clean the potmeters (or replace them of course).Rob

Guest cliff

Bob...that was the cause of the problem!I feel an a.. not noticing but all's well that ends well.Thank you much.Regards..............Cliff (In sunny and currently b... hot Spain)

Guest cliff

Ron thanks for that info. With the help of one of our Forum members I found the problem to be a simple one. The trimming wheel on the stick was in the wrong position.But if I have that problem again I'll keep your suggestion on file. It may be useful.Regards..............Cliff

Guest cliff

Michael thank you so much for your suggestion.With the help of one of our Forum members (Bob of www.stickworks.com)I discovered that the problem lay in the wrong position of the trimming wheel on the stick.However your suggestion of using FSUIPC intrigues me. I have it installed but have never used it.In what way could it do a better job than the calibration system we normally use with FS2002?When I look at the settings for the Joystick in FSUIPC it reads "Axis not processed". I assume that's due to my not having made any changes.With my regards............Cliff

Hi Cliff,Great! It really sounded like that was probably what was wrong, it's an easy thing to do and not something most people think to check right away.Anyway, I'm glad you're up and running again!- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com