Sign in to follow this  
Rakham

Planning a flight with 747-400

Good afternoon.When you plan a trip which are the softwares you usally use and in which sequence do you open them?I have FS9:-)PMDG 747-400 the planePMDG 747-400 load managerActiveSky6FSBuild 2.2.2FSNavigator for moving mapSID's and STAR's charts from airports in flightplan.Do these softwares have any relations among themselves? I mean does load manager have any contact with FSBuild? Or ActiveSky with FSBuild? Etc...etc... Hope my question is understandable!Thank you for your kind attention.RakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP Home on the road andPIV 3.4Ghz, 1536 DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 WinXP PROYoke & Pedals CH Products at home

1. I usually start by setting up the load in the 744 load tool to get a ZFW.2. Start AS, download and save the current weather in order to have FSBuild use that.3. Use FSBuild to plan the flight. I manually insert the ZFW from step 1 and it automatically uses the weather from step 2. SID/STAR depends a bit on where you fly and how you want to plan. In some places you can easily see what SID/STAR you

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Ok thanks for your very detailed answer. I will give it a trial tonight when more relaxed. If I am using Radar Contact, at which stage from 1 to 5 would you connect it?I will keep you informed about my progress.RegardsRakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP Home on the road andPIV 3.4Ghz, 1536 DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 WinXP PROYoke & Pedals CH Products at home

Well, anytime after you have exported the flightplan to FS9 since RC4 uses that file. I usually setup RC4 after having setup the FMC. It

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

I find more fun in the dispaching and setting the plane for a flight than flying the plane itself. At cruising altitude it becomes very boring just looking at panels. Reason why I plan short trips and still I am using acceleration 4X to arrive at TOD. Landing is a very exciting moment.There are many excellent tutorials about flying the plane but so far I have never seen a VERY detailed dispaching tutorial. Maybe one day?RakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP Home on the road andPIV 3.4Ghz, 1536 DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 WinXP PROYoke & Pedals CH Products at home

Ok Tord,I just had the occasion to give it a trial.I planned to fly from ESSA to LFBD with alt LFBO.to avoid confusions I will refer to your point 1-51. Once you load the plane and got the ZFW, you safe to file and close that program or leave it open for a while?2. Before starting downloading weather, do you leave the default location KSEA or do you enter always the airport departure from your trip? In this case ESSA.?3. Before pressing Build in the FSBuild,you enter the ZFW and do you fill the other windows like Temp, taxi, Alternate, Hold and extra?Shall I use the PMDG fuel calculation tutorial prior or shall I rely on the FSBuild calculation?Who tells you the cruise altitude to enter above? you?:-)Ok let us start with this first.Perhaps later we make a trial with this route?:-)Regards and thanks for your assistance.RakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP Home on the road andPIV 3.4Ghz, 1536 DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 WinXP PROYoke & Pedals CH Products at home

Ok it is clear enough to go ahead now. Yes I am already using this PMDG 747 file within FSBuild.I was able to use all these program alone but not quite all together as you describe it.Thanks for your kind help. Say hello to my sister in law. She lives in Sweden in Finspang.RegardsRakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP Home on the road andPIV 3.4Ghz, 1536 DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 WinXP PROYoke & Pedals CH Products at home

Glad to have been of help. I

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest benhoffman

When I'm planning, this is the process I follow;1. City Pair - where do I want to fly?2. Weather - including winds, significant weather charts, radar and satellite images, METAR/TAF etc3. NOTAMs - are all the airports I'm interested in servicable?4. Route - how am I going to get from A to B?5. Fuel - how much fuel do I need?6. Weights & Paperwork.

Hi Ben,Yes this is a good start to elaborate a dispatching tutortial super detailed.Do you know any excellent tutorial on this subject on the web?Thanks and regards.RakhamToshiba Satellite P4 3.4 Ghz1536 DDR RAM nVidia GeForce FXWinXP Home on the road andPIV 3.4Ghz, 1536 DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 WinXP PROYoke & Pedals CH Products at home

Actually one very good tutorial for the PMDG 744 was uploaded to Avsim a couple of months ago. It included NATs tracks and all sort of things. Can

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Tord, do you mean this one, pmdg747_advancedtutorial.zip by Holger Seilz in the library? A good one anyway..