Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Center Fuel Pumps EICAS Warning

When the center fuel pumps switch off due to low level in the center tank, I am not getting a warning on the EICAS.The PRESS lights illuminate on the buttons on the overhead panel, and the pumps on the fuel EICAS page go yellow. This occurs when the center fuel level gets to 2.0 tons.Also, when I switch off the center pumps, the remaining 2 tons get transfered to the left main tank. This causes the left main tank to have 2 tons more fuel than the rest of the tanks, and causes a X-FEED CONFIG warning when switching to tank-to-engine.Any ideas?

>When the center fuel pumps switch off due to low level in the>center tank, I am not getting a warning on the EICAS.>>The PRESS lights illuminate on the buttons on the overhead>panel, and the pumps on the fuel EICAS page go yellow. This>occurs when the center fuel level gets to 2.0 tons.>>Also, when I switch off the center pumps, the remaining 2 tons>get transfered to the left main tank. This causes the left>main tank to have 2 tons more fuel than the rest of the tanks,>and causes a X-FEED CONFIG warning when switching to>tank-to-engine.>>Any ideas?See also this topic :http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=119307&mesg_id=119307&page=

Bringing back an old thread. This is with the FS9 747 (I don't have the FSX 747). I noticed that I was not getting the center tank pump EICAS warning when all the center fuel was burned and the pump switches lit up with LOW PRESS. If I switch the pumps off and then back on again I get the proper EICAS message. I did a few experiments and found that this only happens when I am flying in VC. If I use the 2D panel the EICAS will alert me to when the pumps go LOW PRESS as it should. Anyone else notice this too? I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a fix for this? Is it the same with the FSX version? I know its not a huge deal but I like to fly VC only and like it when things work as they should.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Ok I was wrong in my last post because I didn't do enough testing. I tried some more switching between full screen mode and windowed mode and 2D and VC cockpits. I did "NEW" fligths and reloaded old flights. Doing that it seemed totally random when the EICAS warning would come on. Next I put about 2600lbs of fuel in the center tank and put the plane at the end of the runway. I did runups untill the pumps went to low pressure. I used a saved panel state and just kept reloding the same state and doing the runup again. I did it over 20 times half 2D and half VC. The only consistancy I found was that the EICAS warning came on every other runup. It didn't matter which cockpit view I was in. The panel state was always the same one reloaded. Everything should have been the same each time. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?The reason I first noticed this was I did flights from Los Angeles to Sydney, Sydney to Bangkok, then Bangkok to London. The thing is the EICAS warning didn't come on during any of those flights which is not consistant with my last experiment. I have no freekin idea why this is working this way. I have prpbably devoted way too much time trying to figure this out but what the heck is the problem?

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

"Also, when I switch off the center pumps, the remaining 2 tons get transfered to the left main tank. This causes the left main tank to have 2 tons more fuel than the rest of the tanks, and causes a X-FEED CONFIG warning when switching to tank-to-engine.

For that I just switch off the right side override pumps and feed all the engines from the #2 main tank until it is even with the #3 main tank..

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I think the RW guys would ignore such a small imbalance.... unless they were running short of fuel.I know that fuel is fed from a single tank as part of normal ops, but (if I was a RW pilot) I would still feel uncomfortable doing so.Cheers.Q> Ян