Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptor

Guest Raptor

Hey,,it's not the second time I got this problem with the Queenwhen taking long flights ,before getting the destination I face a trouble with 2 and 3 Engine.all of these -including the engine- are shutting down (2 and 3 of course)GEN CONTDRIVE DISCENGINE HYDRAULICSENGINE BLEEDwhat's the matter ??The Queen starts to stall from FL350 because of 'em !!Abraham

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi Abraham,form what you say I suspect you missed your tank to engine point and dried up your main 2 and 3 tanks. Regards,Bjorn

Are you using proper fuel management procedures? When the inboard tanks match the outboard tank quantity you need to close the valves. Watch the fuel ECAS to see what's happening.Edit: looks like Bjorn replied while I was typing... Yea, what he said :)Jason

Guest Raptor

is it right?!but it gives me an EICAS message to do some with the tanks!!I opened OVHD then I saw the OVRD FWD&AFT pumps for 2 and 3 with"Press" word,,then I pressed 'em. After while, the same msg againbut with MAIN FWD pumps of 2 & 3. I did what the palne want me to do.the fuel was balanced, and evrything was Ok.!!!

You are not following the necessary fuel management procedures (by the time you see "Press" warnings on the main tanks you are already in trouble). One of the joys of this aircraft is studying the complex, detailed systems so very well replicated and documented in the PMDG Operating Manuals.I recommend that you read the Aircraft Systems --> Fuel System (11-44) for answers to this one.Jason

Guest Raptor

Okthanks to everyone :)