Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

The Future Of Navdata

Why so unhappy? It's great that someone has found a way to keep providing airac data past the date that DAFIF goes secure. I look forward to seeing how well his "product" is put together and I have a feeling that the cost will be very nominal.I've actually purchased all the digitized data from FAA and evaluated how to do the translations to the PMDG format, but I keep looking at my lack of global coverage and inexperience with other formats (I only fly PMDG 737). The cost of the data wasn't the issue, just the lack of scope. I am supporting NAVData unless it takes an unexpected turn.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh yes !!!...imhoFirst of all..if there is a service that is worth being paid a very small sum for, it's Richard Stefans' and his year long effort in providing us that service.In addition, the database that will be provided will be more complete than ever before...not to forget the SID and STARS, as the previous source DAFIF was incomplete.I'm looking forward seeing a developer commenting on it (whether here or elsewhere).Best RegardsThomas

I'm fine with purchasing the data once for a small price...but I don't want to pay a monthly fee for data I honestly don't care about. If I get it once or twice a year thats fine for me.