Sign in to follow this  
Guest DJMilo101

747 Insufficent Fuel Problem

Guest DJMilo101

Whenever I do a long distance flight, I completely fill all the tanks and control the fuel pumps right but the Insufficent Fuel light always illumanates(sorry for the spelling) and wont go off. Could somebody help me. Also need to how to determine the cost index for the proper inpu for the FMC DanielCome and Join Independence Air

>Whenever I do a long distance flight, I completely fill all>the tanks and control the fuel pumps right but the Insufficent>Fuel light always illumanates(sorry for the spelling) and wont>go off. Could somebody help me. Also need to how to determine>the cost index for the proper inpu for the FMC>> Daniel>Come and Join Independence AirAre you referring to the FMC message?- John

Guest DJMilo101

Are you referring to the FMC message?Yes I am

Guest DJMilo101

What was your takeoff weight and range you were trying to fly(city pairing)? It's hard to fault the aircraft if you're trying to fly beyond its capability.My takeoff weight was about 47000lbs and the flight was from VHHH(HongKong) to KLAX. I made it their with fuel remaining.

Guest bigun

What are you entering for reserve fuel?This tells the FMC how much fuel is required, "minimum" on arrival taking everything into account. If this number is too high, you will get this message.

Guest DJMilo101

What are you entering for reserve fuel?This tells the FMC how much fuel is required, "minimum" on arrival taking everything into account. If this number is too high, you will get this message.I thought reserve fueol meant how much backup fuel. In that case, i was entering the max i could enter, i.e 99.9. But now I see what your saying. Thanks, I will enter arriving fuel in that section and see what happens. Daniel

Guest Hawkeyeted

As per the PMDG recommendations, the min landing fuel is 24K (19K for "short" haul). That said, you could put 24.0 (or 19.0) in the Reserve.However, I use 11.1, as utilized by United Airlines.The reserve block only acts as an "alarm". When fuel predictions at the destination fall below this number, the "Insufficient Fuel" warning will annunciate on the FMC.