Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

A320 wings...

>And will flight characteristics change accordingly?Knowing PMDG the above is a no-brainer. Of course they will. :-)Cheers,

Guest neeraj.pendse

320-100 had no winglets, very few of them were built I think-200 has the all-popular "twin" winglets ... I love them!Just recently they changed to the "topside only" winglets.But boy this is a detailed question to ask at this point. But maybe this IS the time to ask- when although PMDG might not answer, they might write this down on some todo list- they are in the business of delighting us with details, this is a good chance!- Neeraj

Gents,If they'll do all the different winglets I'm sure you'll see that in the performance specs as well. If they will do it, however is another question.Cheers,

I wouldn't relly say they've change to the 'topside' winglets, I beleive Jetblue have ordered/requested it as an option so they can improve fuel efficiecny on coast-coast flights. I'm not aware of any other airlines being interested at the moment.Also I don't think they have finalised the deisgn/testing of the winglets :)

Alaister Kay

Guest jimmer

propally pmdg will put all 3 types of wings in but does anyone no how the a320 is coming along?thanks jimmer

Guest A32X

Guess they'd be pretty easy to model - as FBW should iron out the differences, just fuel burn changes, apart from in direct law? I'd assume the new winglets are more tricky to land in a cross wind?-Paul

With the power of FS X and the processing power of the machines that will run it, I sure hope they include wing views this time around, and maybe loose the cabin, or make either an option.Has there been any word on wing views for the MD11?I hope we dont loose another oportunity here!Anthony ReesCape Town

The typical 320 "winglets" are not really winglets. They're actually called wingtip fences. Only the 330/340 and 744 have winglets (and recently, 737/757 with blended winglets).Just FYIPaul

Guest CS-THV

Some A320 do have winglets. Didn't you see the first picture?

>The typical 320 "winglets" are not really winglets. They're>actually called wingtip fences. Only the 330/340 and 744 have>winglets (and recently, 737/757 with blended winglets).>>>Just FYI>>Paulairbus is testing out a new mod by adding winglets to their A320s