Sign in to follow this  
Guest Buck Bolduc

Reversers with C&H Yoke Throttle

Guest Buck Bolduc

I purchased the C&H Quad Throttle, it went on the fritz so I disconnected it. I had a problem with the yokes throttle, it would not close until I pushed it wide open then quickly closed it. So I moved it's sensitivity slider about 1/16" from the low end. I figured their was noise or whatever that was preventing the sim from detecting the throttle was fully closed.I then landed at LAX 25L and turned off at the end of the runway only to meet head on with another airliner, held my position to allow it to turn left onto it's takeoff runway.I noticed a roaring sound while holding my position. Checked back to cockpit view and saw the reversers were deployed. A slight push closed em and the engine idled fine. Seems to have plenty of power for takeoff fully loaded, CI at 120.I allway's thought you needed a Quad to have reversers?

There are two ways to engage reversers. One is by keystroke or a contact switch assigned to that function. This is fined for a throttle without a detent. It requires hitting F1 or bumping your throttle up a moment to cancel RT. It sounds like you are using this method with the contact switch in the Quad.A better method is to map an idle point at the detent. When you go below the detent, reversers are deployed and thrust is linearly applied with your throttle movement. I do not know about your version of CH Control Manager if it can map this way, but I do not use it. I use a fully registered FSUIPC which has calibration and mapping functions for this. The quad microswitch is not used. The convenience of this is that it is easier to get out of reverse thrust and you only need to aspply the amount necessary. There are some aircraft that deploy the RT control just enough to deploy the clamshells or whatever mechasnism is used so that idle thrust in reverse is used to slow aircraft that taxi too fast on idle. For turbo-props the same technique is used to get the prop pitch to give reverse so that constant application of the brakes to slow taxi is not needed.There is a joystick website that discusses setting this analog reverse thrust up with your CH Quad.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>There are two ways to engage reversers. One is by keystroke>or a contact switch assigned to that function. This is fined>for a throttle without a detent. It requires hitting F1 or>bumping your throttle up a moment to cancel RT. It sounds like>you are using this method with the contact switch in the>Quad.>>A better method is to map an idle point at the detent. When>you go below the detent, reversers are deployed and thrust is>linearly applied with your throttle movement. I do not know>about your version of CH Control Manager if it can map this>way, but I do not use it. I use a fully registered FSUIPC>which has calibration and mapping functions for this. The quad>microswitch is not used. The convenience of this is that it is>easier to get out of reverse thrust and you only need to>aspply the amount necessary. There are some aircraft that>deploy the RT control just enough to deploy the clamshells or>whatever mechasnism is used so that idle thrust in reverse is>used to slow aircraft that taxi too fast on idle. For>turbo-props the same technique is used to get the prop pitch>to give reverse so that constant application of the brakes to>slow taxi is not needed.>>There is a joystick website that discusses setting this analog>reverse thrust up with your CH Quad.>I understand what you are saying, however I took the quad completly out of the setup, not pluged in.While using the yoke 'only' and it's throttle lever, I have reversers. I didn't think it was possible. But the reversers work fine.I do have to pay attension when i first load the AC to make sure the lever is forward enough so the reversers are'nt deployed. No detent.

Buck, do you have FSUIPC? If I understand you correctly you

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Buck, do you have FSUIPC? If I understand you correctly>you

FSUPIC has a special reverser function tied to the throttle. Can't remember the details and don't have the readme available, but that might give you a clue.Jim Harnes