Sign in to follow this  

could someone help me with my frame rate?

Hi ke621 (a name would be better),Looking through all the advice you have received I notice no one has mentioned switching off Ground Scenery Cast Shadows under Options Settings Display. That is a known frame rate eater.I also suggest you test frame rates using a default aircraft. 3rd party aircraft have a tendency to be less frame-rate friendly. Try some readings with the default Cessna at Meigs and report back.You can obtain more accurate frame rate readings by entering the following line in the MAIN section of FS2002.CFG (in the main FS2002 folder): -AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY=1The three sets of numbers are min, average and max. They will automatically refresh every 30 seconds. The other numbers are a mystery for now.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest flightpro08

"ke621",One thing to keep in mind as well is that people tend to 'lie' about their frame rates. For instance, I would never believe somebody who said that they get 20-30 FPS at LAX using Simflyers' scenery with all sliders maxed, it just doesn't happen. Not trying to flame anybody, but I believe some people just like to 'show off'. (and no Paul, that was in no way aimed at you because I feel your reply to the original message was fine :-) )As for getting better FPS. Just take a moment and ask yourself, "Do I like the way FS2k2 is running?" If you can answer yes, then don't even turn on the FPS counter and enjoy flying. If you're concerned about FS2k2's performance, then all I can say is keep tweaking and picking up various information across the interenet. Good luck.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com

I'm 100% agree with you Ryan , always you have the correct answer buddy :)-------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.mperez.ws/MDN-Sign2.jpg -------------------------------------------------------------------Get my repaint of IFDG's 757 in UNITED LIVERY now!HERE - http://www.mperez.wsCheers,Mauro :-wave

LOL!!!!!That's another way to achieve high fps, isn't it..?! Just keep most of the scenery out of the pic. I'd love to see the fps with Falcon 50 taking off with the LAX terminal area and gates in the background, or with the ORD skyline! I suspect it'd be a bit lower than 50... :)-John

TO PAUL :HEre you have a same sho as you post with the same settings as MG have , I have P4 1.5 Ghz , 1Gb Ram , GF4 Ti4400 128DDR 29.42 , and I'm getting 40-45FPS at that view , but I don't have AA on so the my image is no good as yours , my FPS are normal with the System and Settings that I have ??http://www.mperez.ws/11.jpgThanks!!!-------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.mperez.ws/MDN-Sign2.jpg -------------------------------------------------------------------Get my repaint of IFDG's 757 in UNITED LIVERY now!HERE - http://www.mperez.wsCheers,Mauro :-wave

Absolutely. I unlocked my framerate to see what the max I could get was. I had a framerate of 88 in a cessna once with the pit on and pointed toward the sky. hehehe. Anyway, I lock it at 20 and usually never turn the thing on unless I'm checking out a new download. Having it displayed on the screen messes up the clouds. Here's my Chicago locked at 20.http://www.x-plane.org/users/mgdbottled/Chicago4.jpg

Excellent screenshot! Love the clouds in the backgound & love the A/C!-John

Guest PaulL01

Mauro,>HEre you have a same sho as you post with the same settings >as MG have , I have P4 1.5 Ghz , 1Gb Ram , GF4 Ti4400 128DDR >29.42 , and I'm getting 40-45FPS at that view ,This machine is fairly well setup with fast memory timings of 2-3-3-t1 coupled with the high bus speed enable a memory bandwidth of 3.0gigs/sec (one module) as it is set right now it performs on a par with most good retail P4-2.4 machines and even near as good as some that are pumped to 2.7. :-rollMost of the the older P-4s perform more closly to that of PIII-1.26 or AMD T-bird 1.2 and your performance is fine given the hardware. If you want to losen it up a bit more turn off detail textures and you can further cut your visibility down to 40 miles or so (just like in FLY) :) but I don't >have AA on so the my image is no good as yours , Yes, I was using AAx4s, but do not normaly run at all those low setting as were used in the 50-100FPS shots, no need as 20-30 FPS is just fine with ALL settings turned on full except mesh at 87%. I can remember even being pleased with the 6-15FPS I would get with my old P90-pumped up with an AMD300 O/C to 400 running with a TnT16mg card and 128mb EDO ram (visability at 20 :)) Wow!!!I was content with that system for 5years and I think that once I pop in a Barton I'll be content with this one for at least a couple more. (everyone else well be running 6Giggers by then :-lol )Take Care,

Guest PaulL01

Yeah MG, those are nice shots and the clouds are really great, which are they?Sorry to have butt heads with you, I have spent way to much time with performance issues with this latest release of FS as I struggled to help build some systems that would not suffer the infamous FS2k2

hi this is ke621everyone who helped me THANK YOU VERY MUCHnow i get like 20FP in lasvegas maccaran intl airportand now could any body tell me how to tweak??if i tweak will i have beter FP and good looking picture in FS?some body please tell me how to tweak with some program i dont knowthank umy messanger is ke621@hotmail.comthanx