Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foizman

WonderPC wishlist for the PMDG744

Guest D17S

Wow. That $180 E6300 almost keeps up with that $1000 FX62. The E6400 actually does. The X6800 is the top dog running at 2.9 ghz. But just keep in mind that any Core 2 will go faster than that, including that E6300. We might just be on to something here. Not only forgo any DX9 Vcard, forget about an AMD CPU altogether. That $180 E6300 really tells the story and is going to get nothing but cheaper . . . as will all the E-series CPUs.If you want to check out some overclocking action, checkout the link's forum. "Coolater" is the main man on the forums over there. You can trust his results. And here's the point of all this 'encouragement': Even on the tightest budget, we should be able to run the PMDG airplane with our sliders held high.

I ordered a E6600 with an ASUS P5B Deluxe , with 2 Gb DDR2 800, which finally will arrive this week (supossely , I am waiting for it since august). Actually I have a AMD 64 4000+ , and it

Guest Foizman

Did Intel solve the P4-heat problem? 1.5 years ago (after trying both for several weeks) I switched over from P4 to AMD64: higher performance lower price AND at 100%CPU-load absolutely (!) silent.regards,Volker

In the reviews, temps are good (low).Power usage is low, too.Sorry. all my information comes from web reviews. I don

Guest tmetzinger

just want to weigh in on the concept of multithreading for FSX. A great deal of work needs to be done to multithread a simulator, since the "main" thread needs to be running practically all the time. So there are some things that are not time-sensitive and can be set up as separate threads:Sound generation for nav IDsTexture generation for things way off in the distanceWeather station setting far away (we see how well this works when we run Active Sky on a separate PC with wideFS)...But unfortunately, most tasks in our game ARE very time sensitive, so they have to get incorporated into the main thread of the program so they stay in sync. You want the controls to respond immediately, you want the lights to come on right away, you want the brakes to work right away. And of course you want your display to be running at 30+fps no matter what else is going on.I'm hopeful that the new CPUs will be up to the task of FSX.