Sign in to follow this  

Leeds/Bradford problems - missing scenery

Hello,I've recently installed Paul Baines' excellant scenery of Leeds Bradford Airport. Unfortunately though, it is reporting that some of the scenery files are missing. Around 21 files are reported as missing when it loads the scenery. I have checked the release note a few times, and only Gerrish Gray's tree library is mentioned which I have also installed.Has anybody else had similar problems, or knows how I can find out what the files are so that I can substitute something else in? When the error box comes up, it's just a meaningles load of numbers!!!Thanks for any helpCraig

I had a similar problem with that scenery, and the solution had something to do with the tree library. Try putting it in the same directory as your Leeds scenery - e.g. FS2002/Addon Scenery. I'll check my files later and report back...Cheers,Gosta.

Excellant, thanks Gosta.I followed the installation instructions included within the trees scenery which was to replace the existing trees in FS2002/scenery with the files in the zip. I'll try sticking them in the same directory though.Craig

Craig,No need to put the trees in the Leeds/Bradford folder, I do NOT have them in that folder and have no problems with Paul's scenery.Just as a check I have 224 files in the texture folder and 9 in the scenery folder.Make sure you have installed Gerrish's trees correctly.I have created a separate folder called 'trees' in the 'addon scenery' folder and put the texture and bgl files for Gerrish's trees in there.The scenery folder has 2 BGl files & the texture folder has 66 files.When you get the 'missing objects' error see if you can tell what FS thinks is missing, is it trees or some other object?hope this helps, and there can't be too much wrong with your installation.Rgds

Guest GerrishGray

Hi CraigSee my reply in the Scenery Design forum ... (It probably is my tree library that is causing your problem, but I need more details to be sure).Incidentally, for FS2002 the library files belong in the main scenery and ..texture folders. The alternative installation in a dedicated ..treesscenery folder worked fine in FS2000 but is not reliable in FS2002 (don't ask me why, this is an "undocumented feature" of FS2002, to use Microsoft's traditional euphemism). The library is used by many different sceneries and putting the files in one of their folders, although it will work OK, is likely to cause unnecessary duplication. Also, you only need one bgl - if you e-mail me direct I'll send you the latest copy to make sure that you have the right one (applies to anyone reading this!).CheersGerrishgerrish@flightsims.co.uk

Hi Craig and Vulcan,I just got home and checked my folders. The number of files is the same as Vulcan, but I have the tree library installed in both the main fs2002/scenery folder as well as the fs2002/addon scenery folder (this is where my Leeds scenery folders are).Hope this helps,Cheers,Gosta.

Thanks for the info Guys. I'll check the files in my directory this evening and see what I've got.Craig