Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

Sounds

Guest PowderBlue

Isn't when I upgrade to the 400F the Sounds for all 3 engine variants supposed to change to there proper sound not just the 1 variant sound? And also how come there is essentially no APU sound? I understand none in the cockpit but there is none outside either. I work around 400s for NWA all day long and I'm kinda upset with the sounds. Everything else is superb. Thanks for any help or explanations.

Guest PowderBlue

Such a simple question?

Hey John,the 744-F sound set should indeed reflect the 3 engine variants. if the RB2's reflect the N2/N3 eicas indications, it should mean that you have the updated flight dynamics/sound for the series. if you can't hear the diff between the PW/RB2's/GE, then you may have had an improper installation.further, pmdg has informed the forum that they are working on an updated sound set coming out "soon". i asked the question over 5 months ago, and i was told "very soon". no one but pmdg really knows when the sound update and any other patches to fix glitches will be released.

Guest PowderBlue

THank you very much for your reply

Guest PowderBlue

THank you very much for your reply

We have always had all three engine variants as far as sounds... it was the EICAS instrumentation and FMC performance data for the PW and RR types that was added in the 400F.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I do hope the updated sounds are not too far away...these old ones are driving me bananas!CheersRudy

Guest Boaz

The updated sounds are amazing, IMHO...Boaz.

Apologies are in order. The sound set was merely enhanced/fixed during the update, but yes, there were three distinctive sound variants from its inception. As for the amazing updated sounds, they were more amazing before the latest update to fix the HOLD/ISFD anomaly. After that update, the sounds weren't the same.If one listens carefully to the engine start up sounds, start up sound is inaudible and unsubtle. The spooling is barely audible, and during EGT indication, spooling is barely there. There is a sound set on AVSIM for the CF6's, and although a bit loud, the sound is quite realistic compared with the current PMDG assignments.Nonetheless, she's a beauty.