Sign in to follow this  

Why so quiet about the MD-11?

Ain't THAT the truth, Randy! :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Oh, you guys. Thats such a "PMDG" response. :)

Guest Toledano

Really, I can not understand the lack of information (or the ausence...). And I can not understand also, why some people likes to answer questions made DIRECTLY to the staff. Who knows, maybe they are jealous.Back to the MD-11: It's done? Yes or no? And one more question: The release will be before the FSX? Yes or no?Best Regards!

They aren't going to answer your question directly. Did you see how vague they were in the last two replies? The MD11 isn't done. And considering that they have said absolutely nothing about it and posted very little info, I doubt we're going to see it anytime soon and probably not before FSX.

While you may like to see 'offical' staff replies (who doesn't :() remember that they are busy working away in the background in order to release the products asap.They don't always have the time to answer the same questions over and over again, and they encourage others to chip-in (and set up the PMDG Wiki). The 'forum elders' who have been here a while are just as knowledgeable to answer some of these questions.Just my thoughts :)

Alaister Kay

okay... just a guess but:Pax version...engine 1 & 2 started, about to start number 3?i'm a novice so be nice!JamieOxford, UK

Guest Knikolaes

>OK, guess what this is, what phase of the checklist are we in,>and what's going on? This will separate the "MD-11 men" from>the girls (if that's possible).>>Bill>>P.S. Oh, and is this the cargo or pax version?>I have never even seen the flight deck of an MD-11, let alone even touched on in FS. But given common sense I have to at LEAST say the following:APU is on, IRS is off, Seat Belts and PAX signs are off. I dunno about you MD-11 types, but at this stage I wouldnt be running engines right now as I'd still be aligning the IRS. NAV lights (nor any of the other lights for that matter) are even on. Not sure by the angle of the graphic if the Emergency lights are off or armed. May I guess that we are still in the receiving/pre-flight stage in this picture?And unless I am losing my mind it looks like the green TEST light is on for the cockpit voice recorder -- is that the action being taken?This has got to be pre-start checklist phase here.**shrugs** Then again like I said i have never even seen pictures of an MD-11 flight deck. Well at least now I know what an MD-11 overhead looks like :-)

>engine 1 & 2 started, about to start number 3?>>i'm a novice so be nice!Have another look at the Hydraulics panel ( top one right below the fire handles).You see for HYD systems 1 and 2 there are PRESS and FAULT lights which are on. That means those two systems are not pressurised (or pressure is below normal) and also the engine driven pumps are not working (hence the FAULT lights). However on system 3 all lights are out. And since the MD-11 is following a "all lights out" philosophy you can safely assume that this system is up and running driven by an engine generator. So to your question, it's the other way around...Wow I could copy & paste that right into the tutorial you guys are going to use ;)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thanks for sharing the shot, definatelty interesting :)I'm more of a Boeing/Airbus man than a McDonald Douglas one, so I'm having quite a time figuring out whats doing what. Sure there are labels etc for the panels, but I don't find it as easy to follow the flow as in say the 747. The fuel and electrical panels for example - lots and lots of buttons :)

Alaister Kay

Don't worry. You'll have detailed manuals and tutorials that explain everything. We'll also provide you with documentation specifically talking about the differences between the B744's philosophy and the one from the MD-11 (for those who can fly the PMDG 747 blindly :) ).For Fuel and Electrical it's quite simple really as it is all done automatically - during normal operations that is. You won't press one single button on the fuel and hydraulic panel from start-up to shut-down if all goes normal. And all you do on the electrical panel is connecting EXT power and starting the APU. Two buttons...Of course should anything go wrong then things get more complicated ;)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Overhead, early in the preflight with a boatload of fuel :-)Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Thanks Bill, looks amazing. Someone already guessed it but I was going to say preflight/start. And I'm gonna say its the cargo version because of the cargo door test button. I think my favorite part of getting a new complex airliner is learning how to operate it. The MD-11 will prove to be a bit more of a challenge, I hope. ;)

Guest A32X

Phase of checklist ? Will we have a virtual first officer, like PS747, really great/handy feature imo._Paul