Sign in to follow this  

Why so quiet about the MD-11?

> And I'm gonna say its the>cargo version because of the cargo door test button.The PAX version features that button as well which tests the cargo doors on the lower deck.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest Basten_TFF754

BillThis is looking really really good! Your art work is beautiful on this one. I can't wait to see much you changed forward panel!Regards,Basten Heidema PS. I really miss checking out what was changed and new like in the days days before PMDG! ;-)______________________________[a href=http://www.ifdg.net]--iFDG website!--[/a]FLY DC JETS!

Guest xtristarx

>Alex,>>OK, here's a small .jpg of...>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/156251.jpg>>OK, guess what this is, what phase of the checklist are we in,>and what's going on? This will separate the "MD-11 men" from>the girls (if that's possible).>>Bill>>P.S. Oh, and is this the cargo or pax version?>guess what it is? pmdg, what the are you guys doin? thats the main panel and i really miss the windows!!!;)

Guest Knikolaes

>Not bad Christopher!>>BillThanks . . .I think? Does that mean I was close? LOLChris

Guest Knikolaes

>>guess what it is? pmdg, what the are you guys doin? thats the>main panel and i really miss the windows!!!>>>>;)>Oh we are in some serious trouble now LOL.

Guest Basten_TFF754

Oh BTW I think this picture represents the overhead panel during the POWER UP checklist (KLM). You haven't turned on the No Smoking sign yet and the IRS selectors are still in the off position. Though during the POWER UP checks EMER PWR whould be set to off but here its set to ARM (KLM ops). So that leaves only one option: you are using different procedures! (My guess would be SWR) ;-)Regards,Basten Heidema______________________________[a href=http://www.ifdg.net]--iFDG website!--[/a]FLY DC JETS!

Which is precisely why these types of threads tend to be unanswered / ignored.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Talking of the IRS, its interesting to see that they only have OFF and NAV mode, what happens if one fails, is there a backup like the ATT mode?

Alaister Kay

>Oh BTW I think this picture represents the overhead panel>during the POWER UP checklist (KLM). You haven't turned on the>No Smoking sign yet and the IRS selectors are still in the off>position. Though during the POWER UP checks EMER PWR whould be>set to off but here its set to ARM (KLM ops). So that leaves>only one option: you are using different procedures! (My guess>would be SWR) ;-)WOW Basten! I'm impressed! You are an "MD-11 Stud".Bill

>Talking of the IRS, its interesting to see that they only>have OFF and NAV mode, what happens if one fails, is there a>backup like the ATT mode?The IRU (as the IRS is called on the MD-11) are able to detect should the navigation function of an IRU fail. In such a case there'd be a warning "IRU x NAV FAIL" and the IRU would continue to operate in ATT mode automatically. Should the entire IRU fail you'd get the warning "IRU x FAIL".So yes there is an ATT mode, but it is handled automatically :)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

I'm heartened by what appears to be the FS9 Park Brake message down the bottom there. Though having not run the FSX demo myself, I don't know if the brakes message is the same format or not.I hope I'm not being too observant for my own good here! :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

They've already said that it will be an FS9 product and then patched for FSX. I'm sure you FS9 sticklers will be taken care of.

A few weeks ago (maybe longer), Tom told us that there would be an announcement at the conference that would send people running to their computers to tell the world (sorry if I got that wrong, that's what I recall though). Could be FSX released, could be the PMDG MD-11 bird, or even another well expected B757 product. Or something else that we have no knowledge about at all to even begin speculating about. Or I could have it all wong........Bruce.

Probably something about the free continental breakfast for convention guests :)But I don't think PMDG is attending anyway. I'm hoping to hear news about that well expected 757 and an A320 from a new comer to the biz.