Sign in to follow this  
CX 747-400

Who's Going to Upgrade right away?

I am just wondering how many people are going to upgrade to FSX as soon as it is released? How many people are planning on waiting 6 months, or wait atleast a year?I will be waiting at least 6 months to see if it is really all that MS says it is going to be. Some companies that make add-ons say that they will only be making for FSX, but I bet if there is enough people that dont upgrade right away, these people will continue with at least some FS9 products. I know people that havent even upgrade to FS9 yet, and are still in FS 2002.Tell me what you are going to do.:) ???

Guest flight85

Hi ! I will do the same thing as Thorbj

Hi,I will also buy FSX but still mainly use FS9 for the time being.Will there be any compatibility issues if you have both versions installed on the same computer?CheersAndy S

>I am just wondering how many people are going to upgrade to>FSX as soon as it is released? How many people are planning on>waiting 6 months, or wait atleast a year?>>I will be waiting at least 6 months to see if it is really all>that MS says it is going to be. Some companies that make>add-ons say that they will only be making for FSX, but I bet>if there is enough people that dont upgrade right away, these>people will continue with at least some FS9 products. I know>people that havent even upgrade to FS9 yet, and are still in>FS 2002.>>Tell me what you are going to do.>>:) ???I will have it the very first day and will also run FS9 for a while. IMO, it's looking MUCH better than FS9 over 2002. I can't wait for the scenery add-ons taking full advatage of the new texture sizes ;-).Best,Randy J. Smith

I'm going to buy it as soon as it comes out. Theres noone stopping you from having them both installed, ya know. The new sim is a much better platform for 3rd party devs than FS9. I am predicting we are going to see some amazing add-ons coming out for FSX. FS9 was the best version as far as add-ons go, imagine what FSX will do. Thats why I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

It depends on if the MD-11 is released for both or just FSX. If it's just FSX, I'll be upgrading to FSX as soon as it comes out, if we can get the MD-11 for FS9, I'll be waiting to upgrade.

If VATSIM isn't compatible with FSX, I will not upgrade right quick. But, I am having fun with the demo as of late.

My advice:Buy FSX, but don't delete FS9.The two will happily co-exist on your system.They do on mine.To make FSX happy, do a minor upgrade to your system (such as upgrading to 2 GB of RAM), but save the big upgrade for DX10.Chrs,Bryan

Yeah I'm gonna be doing the exact same thing there (it's the same thing I did with FS9 vs. FS2002) - buy the new sim on day 1 but keep the old one installed until things get up to speed on the new one as far as addons etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com