Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lanzeamp

About PMDG aircrafts

Guest Lanzeamp

It's already 2 weeks that i have the aircrafts of PMDG (the 737-600&700) on my FS but still, i don't know how to fly it in GPS mode. and i also find it very hard to figure it out what's the NAV hold and GPS or NAV in the PMDG aircrafts because in the others it's very easy to fly a flight when it's planned in a flight plan in VFR. so can anybody of you teach me how to fly it with the GPS and NAV mode?

I'm sorry, your question is not clearly stated but I will try to help. The PMDG aircraft don't have a GPS mode per se, they and the actual aircraft they model use a flight management computer (FMC) for navigation. As for VFR flight, that is prohibited by FAA rules above 18,000 ft in the US; therefore, not much VFR flying is supported (no moving map, etc).The key to successful navigation is flight planning. Start simple, for example a trip from KLAX to KLAS is less than an hour and the typical route is simply the SID from KLAX and the STAR to KLAS which connect about midway at the DAG VOR. You can go here to check on what the real guys are currently flying: http://flightaware.com/statistics/ifr-route/ and enter KLAX to KLAS. Note that everyone is flying LOOP4 DAG KEPEC1 at FL290. Enter this flight plan into the FMC during preflight and away you go (with charts for the procedures printed out and in front of you for the flight). Charts are available at flightaware among many other sources.The FMC will provide navigation during the flight using GPS, and it provides verticle path navigation as well.I hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest dt1951

As an added note, the 737NG series aircraft do have 3 GPS units. But they are not accessible to the pilot other than through the FMC.

I will sound a bit sour here, but FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, can't SOMEONE please read the posts that have been pinned forever on the forum? It's very poor etiquette to come in here and post ignorant questions without AT LEAST trying to read what's been posted before.I understand that you might be frustrated by the apparent inability to fly the 737NG in GPS mode, but this question has been asked (and answered) so many times before that it becomes way counterproductive to have someone answer it all the time, not to mention that you haven't bothered to read the (simple) forum rules that state that AT LEAST you need to sign your real name when asking such a question.Sorry if I sound like I am harping on you - it's NOT personal, but it quite bugs me to see the same thing happening over and over again.Also: When you bought (?) the 737NG, did you notice there's a manual accompanying it? That manual explains (in great details) how to fly the aircraft - Robert went through a LOT of trouble and pain to write it, so it might be a bit useful to read it. Doing so would be revealing: The 737NG (as it happens, MOST airliners) fly with the aid of an FMC, not a GPS unit, regardless of what the default 737 would have you believe.Again- nothing personal. Just griping.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest aarskringspier

>I will sound a bit sour here, but FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, can't>SOMEONE please read the posts that have been pinned forever on>the forum? It's very poor etiquette to come in here and post>ignorant questions without AT LEAST trying to read what's been>posted before.>>I understand that you might be frustrated by the apparent>inability to fly the 737NG in GPS mode, but this question has>been asked (and answered) so many times before that it becomes>way counterproductive to have someone answer it all the time,>not to mention that you haven't bothered to read the (simple)>forum rules that state that AT LEAST you need to sign your>real name when asking such a question.>>Sorry if I sound like I am harping on you - it's NOT personal,>but it quite bugs me to see the same thing happening over and>over again.>>Also: When you bought (?) the 737NG, did you notice there's a>manual accompanying it? That manual explains (in great>details) how to fly the aircraft - Robert went through a LOT>of trouble and pain to write it, so it might be a bit useful>to read it. Doing so would be revealing: The 737NG (as it>happens, MOST airliners) fly with the aid of an FMC, not a GPS>unit, regardless of what the default 737 would have you>believe.>>Again- nothing personal. Just griping.So Lefteris.....where is the GPS again I want to fly direct...

Hahaha...Now that is evil! >;-)Cheers,

I completely agree and understand your frustration.