Sign in to follow this  
rservice

Auto throttle operation on PMDG 747-400

For some reason the THR and SPD lights do not illuminate even with A/T armed. Any ideas?Ron

Ron Service

Hi Ron,We'll need a bit more info than that to assist you.Have you programmed the FMC? What modes have you armed on the MCP? At what point are you expecting these modes to become active? Do you use the TOGA function during takeoff?Perhaps you could post a screenshot of your panel as you line up on the runway. We can determine a bit more about your setup from that.Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest dt1951

Ron, ensure that when you have programmed your FMC properly that you have entered the V-Speeds on the TAKEOFF page. If you have changed the runway then your V-Speeds will be deleted and you will have to redo them. Otherwise you will never get the A/T to engage.

I always recheck the Vspeeds if I change the runways.It seems the actual speeds follow the programmed speeds after a fashion with A/T armed. I guess I'm comparing this somewhat with LDS 767 operation. Possibly, there is some conflict with FSUIPC.Also, have noted that the ILS frequencies do not always show up properly on the NAV/RAD page. Don't know if this is a navdata problem, but it seems ok on the LDS 767 database. I purchased the PMDG 747 this month, so I assume the navdata info is up to date. I realise this is a different aircraft and I will have to unlearn some facets of the LDS 767.Ron

Ron Service