Sign in to follow this  

stick shaker sound in -400F

Am I just crazy or is the stick shaker sound a little bizzare? I dont know exactly how to describe it, but it sounds a little odd. Is that the correct sound?Thanks

Yes, it is supposed to sund "bizzare" to get your undivided attention.Michael J.

AND it's much more LOUDER than you hear in the sim.Best,Randy J. Smith

It could be bizarre... but unless we were in the same room listening to what you were listening too, we can't really comment.Here's a recording I made of a real 744 stickshaker, however, it doesn't really sound 100%, perhaps because of the way the recorder handles high noise levels.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/156406.zipHope I uploaded it correctly :(Cheers.Q>

Your wrong, it was the same in the 'ITVV' Cathay Pacific DVD Simulator with Don Grange, who demonstrated it working.

Dave Taylor gb.png

"Your wrong, it was the same in the 'ITVV' Cathay Pacific DVD Simulator with Don Grange, who demonstrated it working."There have been numerous comments about the fidelity of the sound on that DVD... Sounds can vary with the position of the mic and the type of recording system. Only people who have been in the real cockpit can say what it really sounds like.Sims have different accoustics and may rely on recorded/synthesized sounds rather than real ones.Regards.Q>