Sign in to follow this  
ajweber

ILS trouble!!!

I'm learning about the 747-400F systems and how to build a flightplan and I'm stuck on how to tune the Nav1 radio to the ILS I'm going to. Can anyone help?AJ

The thing is is that most of the airports I fly to are Navy and Marine bases that I have to install ILS on, and so they wouldn't be in the that database listed in the manuel that you update from the web! In other words I fly to all custom airports. That's why I need to be able to be able to tune the NAV1 manuelly.AJ

Are you trying to enter to the nav 1 line (1L LSK) or to the the ILS-MLS line (4L LSK)?I don't think the Nav L allows input of ILS frequencies, they can only go directly to the ILS-MLS data block. It should say PARK during flight, but once you are close enough the the airport (I forget how far) you can input the frequency and course manually.

Alaister Kay

>Are you trying to enter to the nav 1 line (1L LSK) or to the>the ILS-MLS line (4L LSK)?>>I don't think the Nav L allows input of ILS frequencies, they>can only go directly to the ILS-MLS data block. It should say>PARK during flight, but once you are close enough the the>airport (I forget how far) you can input the frequency and>course manually.AllI have been able in the past to input the ils freq into the 1-lsk . but for my educationIf the ils freq is correct in the 4-lsk and PARK is not active then is that the same as 1lsk, and will the fmc actually move to the 1-lsk position. Note that one must enter the ils freq on the right side of the navrad in order to get an autoland.Thanks Peteri