Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHUUK

747-400 sound problem...

Guest CHUUK

I just purchased the PMDG 747-400 V1.1 and am having a bit of a problem with the sound. It's not the crackling sound that I've read about.The problem I have is with the engine spool up being a bit "frame-ish". It doesn't spool up or increase smoothly with intensity... it seems to jump octaves. Does anyone else have this problem? I sincerely hope it is an easy fix.Best regards,Chuck

Chuck,What are your system specs? We've seen this happen on certain systems where the machine can't keep up with the demands being put on the FS sound enging - to avoide stuttering it substitutes the normally smooth pitch curve for a stepped one. It's definitely not in the sounds themselves, they're constant pitch and the FS sound engine repitches them based on engine speeds...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest CHUUK

I have the following:Dell XPS 400Intel 2.8D1 gb RAMRadeon X600 256mb videoSigmaTel sound160 gb HD + 120 gb HDCould it be the built in SigmaTel sound card?Other than the sound, so far I am very happy with the 744. If we can resolve this I will be a very hapy customer.Best regards,Chuck

Guest RollsRoyce

I also have a Dell. That Sigmatel is NONSENSE. What I advise you to do, is immediately start watching ebay and pick yourself up a Creative Xfi or Audigy 2ZS series soundcard. I have the latter and bought mine new (in total) for 25GBP around 45-50USD? The card is awesome but issues remain with the crackling and static of the sounds (after the 400F update).Just looking now for the PMDG updated set(s).Bilal

Guest cfm56

I agree with Bilal, Creative cards are awesome, Especially the XFI series. I must confess however, I was a bit skeptical, before I bought the card, of all the complaints about the sound crackling on most games that other users were experiencing, but after months of reasearching I realized that these were the only sound cards that can do justice to a game **correction - simulation** like FS9. Some 8 months later, no sound crackling on any game I have (Swatz 4, Vice City, San Andreas, Hitman....) and pure bliss - no problems whatsoever. Suggesstion: Dont know much about Sigmatel, but I do know that XFI works for me...Give it a try - youll never know....Gigabyte k8-nsc939AMD 64 30001 gb RAM - KingstonRadeon X850 256mb videoZalman Fatal1ty FS-V7 video coolerSound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music80 gb Internal HD + 320 gb External HDGideon

Guest CHUUK

Many thanks for all your replies!I went to the store this morning and bought a SoundBlaster Audigy SE on the cheap and my problem is solved! Nice and smooth throttle-up sounds fantastic!Cheers!