Sign in to follow this  

Queen: dome light issue

The dome light does not light up the center pedastal, it is impossible to read the FMC, and radio panel unless the sun is behind me which illuminates the VC properly. Is there any way to fix this so turning on the dome light during the day can brightne up the cockpit?Thanks

I too sometimes have this problem, and would like to know what the solution is.

Craig Read, EGLL

Its too bad the PMDG team is quick to respond to most posts but not this

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying, but I have no problem at all reading the FMC or radio panel in the VC. When I turn on the dome light, it brightens everything up, even during the day.I just did a test, day time, night time, sunrise, sunset, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, it didn't matter. My cockpit was lit up clearly with the dome light on and everything was nice and clear.

try it when you are turned away from the sun

Ok, tried it again and you are correct. Strange for sure and it shouldn't be like that, but it doesn't bother me at all. When it's still light out, I don't have any problem seeing the FMC or radio stack so I don't need it, once the sun starts to go down, it lights everything up.

Come on PMDG, still waiting? Any Beta tester notice this too?

Dave Taylor gb.png

at a certain time just before the evening lights fade away the center pedestal becomes almost useless in the VC because it is so dark, even the dome light doesn't light it up. I think i read somewhere that the PMDG team was aware of this and looking at it. I could be wrong though. I do a lot of long haul and because of this problem I try to ensure that my landings are never around dusk, which is a sad thing because dusk is one of the most beautiful times to land.

Guest Ryan Briggs

next to the Dome light there is a Switch knob labled Aisle Stand Turn it all the way and it is the light for you Pedestal

Guest AJ

I do not speak for PMDG, but this is a known problem and has been discussed on this forum a number of times. It occures in the VC at dusk, dawn, and, as was pointed out, when the sun is directly behind the aircraft. My understanding was that this is primarily a problem with the lighting in MSFS, and that PMDG was unable to correct it. Perhpas the issue will be solved in FSX, but I have heard no specific comment on it yet from anyone in the know.For me , the FMC-CDU is the only this taht really cannot be seen under these conditions. My solution for the interim is that when I need to access the FMC at these specific times, I switch momentarily to the 2D panel and bring up the pop-up FMC-CDU. Works like a charm and only takes a few seconds more of your time.Andrew