Sign in to follow this  
Guest troytroy46

ATC Help

Guest troytroy46

can i use the Default ATC while using PMDG 747-400 ???? when i call up air traffic i noticed you don't get IFR clearance it's only VFR departure any advice would be grateful :) Michael Troy SHETLAND ISLES 60 degreees NORTH

i think you may need to prepare an ifr fp at the "flight planner" section before starting your flight

Guest troytroy46

i thought you could not use the above to plan a route while using PMDG

Guest benhoffman

You can't.If you are using default ATC, then you need to create an IFR flight plan so you get IFR services.I suggest VATSIM instead of default ATC, 1000x better! www.vatsim.net :)

You can but the flight plan cannot be exported to the FNC thats all.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

fsroute.com is an excellent site for generating fs9-compatible IFR plans to match your fmc route. Just enter departure/arrival airports, then paste your entire route into the large window beneath. You may have to reformat your NATS if used, then select flightplan export format and in moments you'll have a plan to d'load and file with fs9 atc.That way both fs9 and the Queen will be largely 'on the same page' so to speak.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest Loiosh

An alternative is to purchase FSBuild 2.2 (or FSNav). They export flight plans files for both Flight Simulator and the PMDG 737/747. FSBuild can even talk with ActiveSky to get winds aloft data and insert that into the 747's FMC file. =)

Hi, "An alternative is to purchase FSBuild 2.2 (or FSNav). They export flight plans files for both Flight Simulator and the PMDG 737/747. FSBuild can even talk with ActiveSky to get winds aloft data and insert that into the 747's FMC file. =)"It is the way I always do. Cut the real flight route from flightaware.com and paste it to FSbuild, it is quite interesting to see how NOPAT changes from day to day by looking at those cross pacific flight. However, could anyone tells me how the real world dispatch procedure works? e.g. do they have a software similar to FSBuild, how do they file flightplan ...etc.Thanksben

I enjoy FSBuild but have been disappointed with its bizzare flight planning sometimes. I tried to plan a flight EHAM to BIKF and it took me back and forth and around for 6 thousand miles!Here is a great site, http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/If you use that to get a plan, or flightaware.com then plug it into fsbuild, check the option to export to flightsim, then you can load the plan in the in-game flight planning menu and ATC will see you as IFR, and then plug in the plan to your FMCthe only problem is sometimes it exports to different areas, and the default ATC directs you to another heading.

Guest kjolsnes

This is what I do.1. Plan with FSBUILD. Export the plan to Active sky to get correct weather for route.2. Import winds for route into FSBUILD and recalculate route. 3. Export route to FS94. Export route directly to FMC.5. Export the weather to ground environmet for correct textures...Amazing how great this works. Had a flight to Reykjavik on Iceland and amazing how well the calculations worked out. Landed on the minute of what was planned...This sim just gets more fun the more you fly! Only problem now is my wife thinks I am mad!Another question for Steve... : How much "hand flying" do you normally do during a flight? And is it normal to have LNAV and VNAV do it all automatically throughour the whole flight? I did this before but now as I have really started to get the hang of things I have started to do more and more manual overide using HDG and FLCH etc to be more in control. And after my circuits training hand flying is sooooo fun! Specially tight turns and short finals.. not sure if that is realistic?CheersKjetilNorway

Guest troytroy46

Thanks for all the help just 1 more helpI,ve gone for FSNav for flight planning can someone give me the correct way to transfering my flight plan to PMDG 747 and if i export the same plan as well to ms flight would the default ATC run ok while flying the route, also how to tell which runway is in use at the time for take-off and landing and correct me if i'am wrong but can you alter your landing ref in the FMC while on route to your destination Mike SHETLAND ISLES 60 DEGREES NORTH

The only problem I find with MSFS ATC, is that it's very basic and fairly dumb. If you have a lot of traffic, and addons like "MYTRAFFIC 2006" or whatever it is (like I do).. The airports are all very active and it looks great, but you have aircraft landing on top of each other, when you come into approach some 757 will be about 5 inches from your tail.. this kind of thing...MSFS ATC has no concept of spacing, speed changes or demands, it doesn't understand SID or STAR... you're ALWAYS told to maintain runway heading.. *YAWN* and what the routing is when you come to your destination is all about I don't know! Taxing is aggrivating as MSFS aircraft take forever to vacate, and you're not allowed to line up until a landing aircraft has vacated, and yet you can after a takeoff aircraft starts it's role!? MSFS ATC was ok until I knew anything about ATC, Vatsim is, as people have said is about a million times better, just without the busy reality of airfields. From FSX all I wanted.. ALL I wanted, was an intelligent ATC and improvement to AI traffic in general and airport taxiways and holding points. I could have coped with the same graphics for another 2 years to be honest if I got that.Now before I get told off for ranting about MSFS ATC.. there is a solution I found that sort of.. SORT OF.. stops all this and that's AIsmooth.. It does stop the jumble of traffic landing.. still not that great for taking off aircraft but it does help. You might want to consider that.To fly with MSFS ATC you need to file the exact same plan in the MSFS flight planner for your flight, so you are given the option for IFR clearance. Then it's simply follow the instructions. However it's not very good really, you won't get chance to fly the STAR, or SID on your departure and arrival for example, which is a MAJOR part of civil aviation in airliners and kinda defeats the point. For a novice sure it's fine, but the reality is much more complicated and more fun! Even if you're new, don't be daunted by Vatsim, in a week you'll be a pro, it is the way to go! If you're new look at the pilot mentoring, and join up they'll help you, and introduce you to a much more realistic ATC with real people. I hope that helps :)CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest troytroy46

I've look at the Vatsim but look daunting but i give it another look, thanks craigMichael

if you want mate.. I'll take you though it.. or put you in touch with someone who can :)Cheers Craig

Craig Read, EGLL