Sign in to follow this  
Guest NWA744

LNAV and VNAV on 747-400

Guest NWA744

hey everyone, i just bought the pmdg 747 queen of the skies and i have read the tutorial and everything and i cant seem to get the LNAV and VNAV to work. My route is loaded into the FMC, by the way it says in the tutorial over 350 routes are loaded into your flight plans, but i dont see any...but back on track...i press the autopilot and the lnav doesnt stay on...any advice?? thanks so much!

Check for discontinuity points being inserted after stored procedures. You can do this by scrolling through the route pages and viewing all of your waypoints. If there is a line stating there is discontinuity, you need to manually line select the next waypoint in to the space after your last entered waypoint or procedure transition. If you do not have a continuous flight plan entered in the route page, LNAV will revert to heading hold when your last continuous waypoint is reached.For starters, what exactly (Procedures used, exact waypoints etc) is the route you are entering and attempting to fly?EDIT - Here's a quick trick to see if the problem is with your programming or procedures with relation to the FMC.After you takeoff and are about to engage LNAV, go to the 'Legs' page first, in the FMC left click the L1 select key (On page 1 next to your first waypoint) then click the L1 select key again and hit 'Execute' to confirm a "Direct To" your first waypoint. You should be able to engage LNAV after doing this anywhere in the world in relation to your first wpt and it should fly direct to that waypoint. If LNAV does remain engaged, your error is in your procedures/flight planning and you will need to read the manuals for that.

>hey everyone, i just bought the pmdg 747 queen of the skies>and i have read the tutorial and everything and i cant seem to>get the LNAV and VNAV to work. My route is loaded into the>FMC, by the way it says in the tutorial over 350 routes are>loaded into your flight plans, but i dont see any...but back>on track...i press the autopilot and the lnav doesnt stay>on...any advice?? thanks so much! There are a few reasons but in your case it is most likely because you are not on an intercept path, in other words, make sure you are pointed towards the magenta line on the ND. If you are a bit away it will ARM then engage as it get near the programed path. Best,Randy J. Smith