Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737767

747-400 chronometer question

Guest 737767

the chronometer seems not to count beyond 90 minutes elapsed time. Is that what it is supposed to do? Andreas HermesEDDH

"Is that what it is supposed to do? "Yes.The Chrono is not meant to be used for long time periods (flight time, etc)Use the ET function for longer time periodsCheers.Q>

Guest 737767

In fact, I meant the ET function. ET counts no further than 90 minutes..Andreas HermesEDDH

This is the first I've heard of it...So you're turning the ET knob in the bottom left hand corner to RUN? (and not pushing the CHR button in the top left hand corner)?Cheers.Q>

ET works fine I think... I just made 10 hour flight and ET was shown perfectly.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest 737767

right, I will try again. Maybe I just screwed up something and the only action needed is to restart the simulator :-)Andreas HermesEDDH

Stupid question - what is is ET standing for and how can i activate it. Thanks MArek from LOWW

ET stands for Elapsed Time. The knob is located on the bottom left site of the chronometer and activated by making a left click with the mouse. A right click should reset the elapsed time.It is perfect for clocking your flight time.regards,

Or you can use the ACARS for your info. that's what I do. One less thing to record during the rush on the gnd. Update the figures at leisure during crz.