Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

ILS freq, somthing is wrong 747 pmdg

I was landing in Boston on vatsim in the 747f , Flying inbound ,being vectored to intercept the ILS rnwy 22L .I was flying on hdging and alt.No vnav and lnav.I went to insert the freq manually into the navrad on the fmc and it would not let me do it.I received this message"invalid input"My gosh, it could not be any more simple than this, but something must have been incorrect. I even checked the freq 110.30 with the online controller.To my knowledge on the PMDG 747 that is the only way to enter the ils freq.???????????????Thoughts, this is perplexing.Must be something simplepeter

Hi Peter-can you tell us please what version of FSUIPC you're running?Thanks,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

How did you enter the freq? Should be in freq/crs, e.g. 110.10/257 AFAIK.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

My version of fsuipc 3.7 dated 28/july/06I did try to enter both formats110.30and 110.30/? no go..????Thank you Peter

Thank youWell i tried that as well but no luck. Perhaps it was just pure luck but in the past I have either inserted the freq alone or the ils identifier and it took the request.Luck perhaps. Anyway Ill try again. thanks Peter

You MUST enter it as: xxx.yy/zzzi.e. 3 digits, a period, 2 digits, a slash, 3 digitse.g. 111.10/240 or 110.70/040No other format is accepted.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Here is something I rememebr I did ,Becuase I was not flying at the time with the FMC ( no vnav or lnav) and I was being vectored by atc, I tried to insert the ils/freq by down selecting it from ( 4-Lsk ) and then resinserting it into 1-lskNote; Park was not on. So therefore the ils was active. But not sure if that was good enough for an autoland.Maybe I did not have to do that. If I had just left it the way it was and then inserted it into the right side nav, could I have autolanded?I was under the impression that one would need the 1-lsk freq exactly the same as the right nav and ils so that the autoland feature would work..Maybe i got it wrong.

Please remember that the ILS frequency does NOT go into the VOR (LSK-1L) position. It ONLY goes in the LSK-4L position, and ONLY in the proper format (110.30/035 etc.)(This is covered extensively in the manual, of course) ;-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Since we are on the topic of the 747 FMS , I have another question?What is the reason for the " invalid delete" warning on the FMS?I have at times been vectored and have had to revise the flight plan in the fms on the fly , but when I go to delete waypoints it will at times say "invalid delete"Now the only thing I can think of is that im trying to delete some part of what the FMS thinks is an "approach" or "star" or "transistion". Thoughts?Peter

>Since we are on the topic of the 747 FMS , I have another>question?>>What is the reason for the " invalid delete" warning on the>FMS?>I have at times been vectored and have had to revise the>flight plan in the fms on the fly , but when I go to delete>waypoints it will at times say "invalid delete">>Now the only thing I can think of is that im trying to delete>some part of what the FMS thinks is an "approach" or "star" or>"transistion". >>Thoughts?>>Peter You cannot DELete the active WPT. Best,Randy J. Smith

Guest 102301636

peter,i dont own the queen yet but on the NG i think if you try to delete the next waypoint in the FMC i think it produces this 'invalid delete' message is this the problem?