Sign in to follow this  
Guest HaPpo

hard landing problem

Guest HaPpo

Hi every one!recently my 737ng have frequently hard landing problems that I've ever seen before...It seems like my aircraft nose go down to search the rwy before the rear wheels touch the ground. This result in a nose landing!Maybe depends from baro setting?Some suggest?Thanx for your attentionHaPpo

Bad landings are usually due to the pilot, are you using Otto (autopilot) or handflying?If you're flying instead of Otto, a nose dropping in a flare is probably due to lack of airspeed. Maybe you're starting the flare too high, or you are holding the nose too far or too long.If Otto is landing on the nose gear, it could be because your runway altitude is different from the AIRAC data. I believe the FMC uses the AIRAC wpNavAPT.txt file as the only source for everything it needs to know about the runway. Since very few real airports are perfectly flat, and FS9 doesn't allow any slope there is always going to be a minor mismatch. Usually it's less than 5 ft, but if it is greater than maybe 10 or 15 ft then I think Otto will blow the landing.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest HaPpo

is it possible that installing new update version of iavp I have compromise some airport data?How use radio baro minimun, so?Thx

Guest HaPpo

cleary, i talk about autoland...Anyone can help me? Anyone had the same problem?Thanks

Guest HaPpo

Maybe can I try to reinstal airac?Please, some suggest?Thanks

If you already have current airac from navdata then I don't know what this fixes. Is this a problem at only one location? If so, then maybe it is a difference between scenery and data files. If it is at more than one location then it's probably a flight technique problem. Which aircraft?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest HaPpo

I flight a 737-900 pmdg...more location.autoland ils landing altimeter correctly set...?

Alright, 737-900 hard autolandings at more than one location. I don't think the FMC pays any attention to baro altitude, just the data provided in airac wpNavAPT.txt and FS-provided altitude. I could be wrong, but I think there is something wrong with the approach configuration. I've flown the -900 a lot in the last couple of days (I've built new procedure file for KATL) and have not had any problem. Your approach configuration should be preset (Vref and flaps) before the initial approach fix. I usually use 40-deg flap to keep Vref below 140 KIAS.. I assume you are using autothrottle and full flaps as well:Is your airspeed during the autoland approach staying about 5 kts above Vref? Are you mains touching down but the nose staying up or are you "floating" down the runway until the nose drops?I think we can figure this out; however, I recommend practice at handflying approaches regardless and leave autolanding for CAT II approaches.

Dan Downs KCRP

"I don't think the FMC pays any attention to baro altitude, just the data provided in airac wpNavAPT.txt and FS-provided altitude."I guess you mean the A/P and A/T, not the FMC. The FMC is not used in the landing phase.I have also had the impression that somehow the baro setting in PMDG affects the autoland system in the 747-400, even though it shouldn't. When using live weather, sometimes FS throws in a sudden baro change during approach without me noticing, and I have the wrong baro setting for landing... and invariably, the aircraft has difficulty landing (at flare heights, the RW aircraft should be using the Radio Altimeters, not baro altitude, for computing flare).Sorry, but I can't recall whether PMDG responded to this one after this subject was raised previously.Rgds.Q>

Guest HaPpo

Hi guys!Thanks for your answers.I uninstall completly 737, ivap and fsuipc, then I reinstall in order before new ivap and automatically together fsuic 3.7, after the two 737 applications.I have made few test on limc and on lipz yesterday night and plane seems landing fine. Maybe some file was corrupted in first installation of new ivap...Cheers

Guest planeman223

Again, if your not sure about autolands don't get involved with them. You can't expect perfection overnight.Alex