Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain America

Flashing A in front of IAS/Mach readout on Autopilot?

Why is the flashing A on constantly no matter what speed I set onthe autopilot of the PMDG 737-700.It just started doing this and I can't figure out why.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Why is the flashing A on constantly no matter what speed I>set on>the autopilot of the PMDG 737-700.>It just started doing this and I can't figure out why.I believe the flashing "A" means that the aircraft can't achieve the speed set in the MCP. This is usally caused by inproper trim settings as far as I know. I been flying the 700 for a couple years and had never received it until recently. I now get it on every flight as well. It's very strange as I haven't changed my procedures at all. My weight is well within limts, and my trim is set (usally 5.5). My yoke seems to be calibrated fine for all the other A/C I fly (PMDG 747, LDS 767). I'm going to use load manager to reset the weights, and give it a test again. Perhaps a file got corrupted.Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this issue.Thanks,John

no the guys are correct, it means the AP cannot achieve the selected speed in the MCPbest way to alleviate this, spoilers at flight detent and when your speed slows sufficiently bring out each setting of flaps when permissable