Sign in to follow this  

Assumed Temp Tables 737-400

HiCan anyone point me in the right direction for generic(Runway Length) versions of these tables?They are to be used to determine n1 settings for minimum n1 settings for takeoff considering oat/weight/rwy length for the DF737-400.Thanks for any help.Ron

Guest Ferer five

Hello,If you are looking for take-off parameters for the B737 or the DC9, you will find them from the book pilots use to prepare for the written test for the ATP certificate. It is published by Gleim and by ASA (not the airline).In particular, look for Fig. 55 in the Gleim book. It might answer your question and then some more...You select the outside parameters:- Pressure altitude at the field- OAT- Headwind- Runway slope and condition- Gross weight- CG station- Flap setting- Beed air setting (anti-ice, air conditioning)And the table gives you:- Take off V-speeds (V1, Vr, V2)- Take-off EPR, max EPR, N1The book is a very valuable tool for those interested in the more technical aspects of flight simulation. Of course you should pick the best Boeing 737 out there with the most realistic flight dynamics and then experiment. For example it might be interesting to find the runway length needed for different parameters. If you find good correlation between the aircaft in FS2002 and the data from the book, then the author of the aircraft should probably market his creation!THe Gleim book can be ordered from www.gleim.com or you may be able to buy it from your local flight school (about $25). If you buy it, you might enjoy reading the whole book, "you might learn something" as Ben Stein says.Have fun.Charles

CharlesThank you very much for the in-depth reply and if I were`nt a student pilot already and not up to my eyeballs in data I would check this out.However I was just looking for the tables that would allow myself and the other 737-400 driver`s in my VA to properly setup the FMC in the DF737 to utilize optimum N1 values for takeoff per assumed temps.Best RegardsRon Rees