Sign in to follow this  
Guest sonreir

PMDG 747 Virtual Cockpit Landing View

Guest sonreir

Hello,just a question. How can you adjust the "best" landing view in Virtual Cockpit mode in the PMDG 747. I just tried it with Active Camera, but the problem ist, i can't see my main instruments, Speed, altitude and so on.:( I tried to move slightly more back, but then the Captain's seat appears in sight if i move too far back.:( What can i do, to arrange that in that kind of way, that i can see all main instruments during landing using active camera or/ and without.Thanks in advance.Lukas

Ok.. a few things you should try here. Active camera has a download for the PMDG 747 with stored views within it. You can press CTRL + 1 for example and it will point the camera in the VC to a pre programmed direction. Here you can get nice views of all the panels and out all the windows. The other thing is there are two, a real view set and a FS view set. One aims to replicate what the pilot would see in reality, and the other aims to give you a good view of the panels etc. I usually fly with FS personally.I would look those up if I were you, the other thing is, and I don't know if you knew this, but the control column does actually drop. Try clicking on it in the VC view you'll be able to drop it down to get a better view of the panels and the window.Hope that helpsCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest sonreir

hi Craig,thx for fast reply. That means i open the active camera Options menu, after that "Load View" and then i choose in my FS9 folder for example the PMDG 747 FS View. And after that i switch into VC and just hit CTRL + 1 for example, and then it should work?To the dropping of the control column...how does it work exactly, do i have to hit any key combination?And one more,..what if i get the PMDG 747 FS View and in fact i would see the instruments, but the view out of the window would look like i look "into the ground of the Runway"? I'm not quite sure, but i think i luckily had it once, but couldn't look straight ahead, just into the ground. Well, what's here the best thing to adjust the view in that particular kind of way?ThanksLukas