Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

PMDG Missed Approach/Go-around procedures

Guest dogdog1985

I want to land at RWY 21R in VHHH, Hong KongAll things are OK, Glideslope and LOCHowever, ATC not allow me to land and request me to missed approached due to the airport is too crowded.As a result, I can't land at RWY 21R nowThen I switch off the VNAV and LOC do the missed approach and go around at about 5000feet My question is that how to set the FMC so as to find a route and get back my the glideslope for landing from a Go-Around

>I want to land at RWY 21R in VHHH, Hong Kong>All things are OK, Glideslope and LOC>>However, ATC not allow me to land and request me to missed>approached due to the airport is too crowded.>>As a result, I can't land at RWY 21R now>Then I switch off the VNAV and LOC do the missed approach and>go around at about 5000feet >My question is that how to set the FMC so as to find a route>and get back my the glideslope for landing from a Go-AroundDogDog1985,Don't forget to sign your name. Is your Traffic settings in flight simulator set for maximum number of traffic? If so, set it to 50 percent or lower and see if that helps. Ken.

Hi, My way is to go to DEP/ARR page and then select the STAR and RWY (or just RWY, depends on how you like your route to be set) and DIR to a desired waypoint.E.g. For Rwy 7 L, usually I will be given a direct clearance to TD, then, on my FMC, I will set ELATO1A and Rwy 7L, then set the FMC to DIR to TD and finish off the procedure. (It looks like a right hand circuit).Beside setting the AI traffic density, you can also get the aismooth software, it is awesome.Thanksben

Guest benhoffman

Hong Kong Chep Lap Kok (HKG/VHHH) has two parallel runways, 07 and 25. There is no 21.For a missed approach, check the instrument approach charts. Every approach, be in an RNAV/ILS/VOR/NDB/GNSS etc, has a missed approach procedure (MAP).Here's an excerpt from the Jeppesen plate for the ILS/DME Runway 25R at Hong Kong.missedfm4.gifTo execute the missed approach, press the TOGA switches which will annunicate SPD | TOGA | TOGA on the PFD and cancel the ILS tracking if you have enabled it. Airline policy varies by carrier but 200ft or above, engage LNAV at and 400ft, VNAV. You can either follow this with the autpilot or the flight director.As always, input by our 747 drivers would be great!

Pretty much nailed it Ben,Just make sure that the MCP alt is set to the MA altitude for the GA and check that the aircraft complies with the restrictions etc in the MAP procedure (this should have been checked thru on the legs page before conducting the approach). I have found that on the odd occasion the aircraft can behave oddly on a GA. Make sure you press the TOGA click spot twice to get max GA thrust. If the aircraft behaves oddly then disconnect the AP and then reengage it...re-check roll and pitch modes.Once levelled out at MA alt then go to the DEP/ARR page in the FMC and reselect another approach. Line select the first waypoint you want to the top and use heading select to position towards it.Fly the approach as before.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Be careful about attaching Jeppesen maps in the future, as Jeppesen have gotten super sensitive about re-distributing their copyright maps on the net recently.AnthonySouth Africa